Special Needs

POTTY SUCCESS!!!!

DS had a lightblub switch on in the last week! He's had a couple of really good days, but today is by-far the best so far. 2 SPONTANEOUS (being the most important word) Pees AND Poops today!! I didn't think this would EVER happen. Praying it continues!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: POTTY SUCCESS!!!!

• Yay!!! Congratulations! This is so exciting!
  • Good for him!!  Potty training can be so tough, especially when you haev a child who doesn't "get it".  My ds was one of those kids.  we started training him late and still he was a challenge. 

I hope this continues for you...but know that even if he has some regression, the lightbulb will go on again! Great news!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Woot woot! Party!!!
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• He must have had some tummy issues today...... but 4 or 5 SPONTANEOUS POOPS and peed in the potty all day, didnt even wet for naptime!! WOOT WOOT!!
  • I'm so happy for you guys!  I know you've been really struggling with this for a long time.  Are you still doing the sticker chart?  What's his big reward going to be?

We still haven't worked out bedtime, but I've been pretty lazy about it.  I really need to start that again soon.

• There isnt a long term reward (except not having to clean up his own pee/poop). He gets to choose 10 min's computer time or a treasure from the box still, when he asks. He asks sometimes, and sometimes he doesn't so I feel like we're in the weaning stage of the rewards. We have been prompting by mentioning 'how does your belly feel?' But that's all it takes and IMO that's what ALL kids need at this stage anyway..... a friendly reminder. He has been going at certain times w/o any prompt, so we're there!!! Yay DS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"