Pregnant after 35
Options

NBR- question: gift ideas for my 16 year old?

My oldest daughter is turning 16 tomorrow and I have yet to get her a gift (I know, bad mommy). Other than a car, can you suggets some good gifts?

I have a pair of diamond earrings (small ones) I'm going to give her but what else? Is putting $100 in a card tacky??

Re: NBR- question: gift ideas for my 16 year old?

• Options

$100 in a card is not tacky for your own child if you think she'd like that!

I loved picking out a ring with my mom for my 16th bday.  It was 10 carrot gold with two real pearls.  I'll probably give it to one of my girls on their 16th bday.  It wasn't terribly expensive, but very nice.

What about a glamour photo shoot?  That might be fun.  It totally depends on her personality.  My younger dd would love something like that - my older one perhaps not, She'd rather get signed up for soccer camp or something like that.

imageimage
  • Options

thanks! She's kind of decided I am the world's worst person right now, so she's not even talking to me! She's not a girlie girl or a sports kind of girl. She's really shy and prefers to read and listen to her IPOD. I can't buy her clothes because of course I have no style, it feels like I barely even know her anymore :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How about a shopping trip, just the two of you, and let her pick out what she wants.
  • Options
    You are already giving her the earrings, so the second part doesn't really matter. It could be cash, or just ask her what she wants. My daughter is always very straightforward about what she wants. And yes, we do shopping trips together for her b-days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That sounds like a perfect gift!!!! That's all my kids want, cold hard cash... Not as much fun as they used to be.. 
  • Options
    My daughter loved her money in the card for her 16th and her 17th. For her 18th I don't know what we will get her but I will have given birth just a month and a few days before so I am not even sure we will do much. I love that you are giving her some diamond earrings. :) My daughter got a pretty little diamond ring from my dad. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"