Baby Showers

Ettiquete Hell Sip and See

Sorry I HAD to repost this when I saw it

It was my first (and hopefully my only....I don't think that I need another shower just because I'm having another baby) shower, and it was held after I had my son. My aunt and grandmother threw it for me. It was not a surprise, but they didn't ask if there was anyone that I wanted there (no big deal, my best friend wound up bringing my gift to the hospital anyway). I was breastfeeding (or trying to anyway) my son, and during the time where they were "passing the baby" so everyone could hold him, he got hungry. I wanted to take him to feed him in the ladies' room where I could be discreet about it (I wasn't very good at it yet, and was more worried about getting him to eat than to keep myself covered, so a stall in the ladies' room was perfect for privacy). I was told that he didn't need to be breastfed, he needed a bottle. I told them that I didn't have any bottles or formula because I was breastfeeding (I had brought changes of clothes and tons of diapers though). Someone managed to cough up a bottle and formula and popped the bottle in his mouth. He refused. They got mad at ME because he wouldn't take a bottle. They tried telling me that I shouldn't breastfeed him anyway. ARGH!! (side note: thank you letters, individually written and addressed were sent out a few days later)

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ettiquete Hell Sip and See

• Oh...that is just terrible!  How DARE someone tell anyone they shouldn't breastfeed if they want to and to pop a bottle (from who knows where and who knows what was in it) in a new baby's mouth...I would be LIVID!!  Very odd that they never consulted the new mom as to who to invite to the sip and see.  I feel so bad for her.  Those guests were beyond rude!

My DD and her DH are holding their own BBQ get-together to welcome their newest addition.  There might be some baby passing but her DS will be 6 weeks by then.  She also breastfeeds and although she is discreet I really can't see her "leaving the party" to do it (and certainly not in the bathroom).  The baby shower for her first DS was given after he was born (he was 3 weeks) and no one (except me) even held him (or asked to).

• **JAW DROPS TO FLOOR**
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would loose my shiiit if someone put a bottle in my baby's mouth without my consent

I'm getting furious thinking about it 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Indifferent

Ooooo that gets my blood boiling just reading that.  I would have left the party (with DC of course)  What a bunch of hags.

• I KNOW RIGHT! It was from a post where she had a few incidents in one post and she said earlier that she was just young and didnt know what to do about said situation! OMG I would have slapped some one!
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Who in their right mind thought it would be ok to give your baby a bottle of formula without your permission.  I am usually calm, but I would have lost it.  Good for you for breastfeeding and yes, it can be totally challenging and hard to do in public in the beginning.  Shame on whoever it was for doing anything without your permission.  Crazy people!

edit:  just caught on to the repost thing.   I am still fuming for her! 

• OMG! I am so mad for her just reading this!! It's no one else's business how she wants to feed the baby! I would have gone postal. And even if she was ff you don't just rip open a new bottle and feed it to a newborn, it needs to be sterilized first. Angry

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"