Preemies

XP: T&P..HUGE question

Evelyn Chalon R. was born on Saturday via emergency c-section weiging 8.5oz. She is currently in the NICU. If you could please send some prayers please.

please.

Questions: I am hoping one of you ladies knows someone or has experience whose preemie was born at this size and survived? She was born at 24wks 6days.

Hi, I'm Amanda :)

Remembering Evelyn and raising Bailey
Evelyn Born at 24wks 6days on May 22, 2010 due to pre-e Passed away May 25, 2010

BFP# 2 Delivered 6wks early due to preeclampsia
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Photobucket

Re: XP: T&P..HUGE question

• Congrats on your baby girl. I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this. None of us envisioned prematurity happening to us, and we're here for you if you need to share your fears, vent, or have questions. There are a number of ladies on this board who have had micropreemies that are alive and well today. I'm sure they'll be here soon to provide more info and support.

:hugs: Hang in there. I'll be praying for your precious little girl.

• Evan wasn't that small, he was born 1lb 10oz and dropped to 1lb 6oz at his smallest, and was born at 23wks 5 days according to my 7wk ultrasound and 24wks 5days according to my dates. He had a long road as most preemies born that early do, but he is currently doing great, and if I don't tell people he was early, they don't notice anything different about him anymore.

Ask any questions you can think of. Feel free to email me if you'd like witt0198@umn.edu

Hugs

Becky

• Loading the player...
  • Congratulations on your little girl!!  We have several beautiful micropreemies on our board!!  Please, take care of yourself and feel free to ask anything that comes to mind.  This is truly the best group of girls out there!  I hate that you had to join the "prematurity club" but know that you are in good hands here.

Take care!!

3/22/09 - Lily Grace, born at 33 weeks, 2 days
    9/12/14 - M/C @ 7 weeks, 1 day (ectopic)

• I saw your post on Sept Mommies and I want to say I am so sorry and that I am praying for you. I work in an adult ICU, but our respiratory therapists work the NICU of our hospital and they were telling me about some of the miracles that they have seen down there. They were telling me about a few 23-weekers that would come back and visit when they were toddlers and older. I am pretty sure they even mentioned seeing a 22-weeker survive. I hope she'll be one of the strong ones!!! Lots of prayer your way!
  • Congratulations on your baby girl!

Bobby was 1lb 9oz and 26wks. 

Please keep us posted on your journey and please feel free to ask questions! 

Lots of love to all of you!!!

• Congrat on your beautiful baby girl!!!

We have lots of healthy 24 weekers on this board!

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Congratulations on your baby girl and I'm sending lots of T&P your way. 
  • Congrats and welcome! I'm sure life is very scary right now, but we are here for anything you may need! Also, little girls tend to do the best when born early- so I hope that gives you some comfort!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations on your little girl! She will be in my thoughts. We came across many miracles during our NICU stay, of all sizes and gestational ages. Stay strong and let us know if we can help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats on the birth of your little girl!!! My daughter was born at 26 weeks and she weighed 1 lb 4oz and dropped to somewhere under a pound within the week. She spent 16 weeks in the NICU and it was tough. But she is doing great now. She is a little over a year old and just took her first steps and is standing on her own. Good luck and let us know if you need anything!
  • My friend gave birth to twin boys at 25 weeks.  They are thriving now.  A million T&Ps to you and Evelyn
    We said "I Do" on 9/27/2008!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just checking on you from the Sept board.. My cousins kids were both micropreemies. One was 1 lb 3 oz and the other was about 3 oz in one or the other direction. They were not twins, they were a few years apart. They were in the NICU for quite a while, but now they're 12ish and 9ish and you wouldn't even know that they decided they couldn't wait any longer to join us. They thrived and I'm sure Evelyn will too!! T&P headed your way.
    Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Congratulations on your little girl! I know you've got a long, hard road ahead of you, but wanted to wish you the best...like the pp said, we've got several beautiful micropreemies on here. T&P to you!
  • Congratulations on your little girl! Many thoughts and prayers for you and baby Evelyn headed your way...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"