Baby Showers

MIL is Hosting, but Needs Help

Hi everyone, My MIL graciously offered to throw me a shower.  However, she is not from the area and lives about 6 hours away. She doesn't know the area and wanted to know if any of my friends would be willing to help her out with planning the shower.  She just wants help with location recommendations, etc. She will be paying for everything and will be the main host. Is it tacky for me to ask a friend of mine to get in touch with my MIL and help her? Thanks in advance.

Re: MIL is Hosting, but Needs Help

• no I don't think that's tacky! especially if you have a close friend who seemed interested in throwing you a shower, or who is particularly organized... if your MIL lives out of town, she will definitely need help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think it's tacky at all.  She's 6 hours away, how else would she be able to find someone you know to help her out if not through you?
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think it's tacky but make sure you have a friend that is interested and would really like to help out as opposed to you just kinda dumping something on a friend because your MIL needs help. I would feel weird if a friend called me and said "hey call my MIL, she needs some help with the shower".
  • Ok, thanks for the advice.

The friend is one who I know is truly interested - she told me to let her know if I needed anything (in relation to the baby) and is a very good friend.  I also threw a shower for her when she had her first baby, so I didn't think she would mind helping my MIL.

• imageRidleybart:

Ok, thanks for the advice.

The friend is one who I know is truly interested - she told me to let her know if I needed anything (in relation to the baby) and is a very good friend.  I also threw a shower for her when she had her first baby, so I didn't think she would mind helping my MIL.

Great. Then I think it sounds completely fine!

• imageemilydholmes1:
    imageRidleybart:

I agree. (and it might be nice of your MIL to list her as a co-host on the invite depending on how much she helps out)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • imageTulipsAndChampagne:
    imageemilydholmes1:
    imageRidleybart:

I agree. (and it might be nice of your MIL to list her as a co-host on the invite depending on how much she helps out)

very true!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"