North Dakota Babies

Poll: 2 month shots...

I am not sure what I want to do about this. Some of my friends have broken up the shots, so not all the shots are given that day, while others just give them that big group of shots at once....

So.....

[Poll]

Re: Poll: 2 month shots...

• My Doc. always wants the shots broken up.  Anderson just had two of this six month shots and we go back in two weeks for the other two.  It is just something that we have always done.
  • I didn't vote bc I am very picky about which shots I am giving Hayden, so we are doing something totally off-the-wall.  "The Vaccine Book" by Dr. Sears is a GREAT resource and gives an alternative schedule to follow.  (Ours is even a little different than this, but it will give you ideas). 

At 2 mos, she only had two shots- the DTaP, and the Hib  (one in each leg).  These are the only two shots she has had so far bc I refused the Hep B at birth and one month (I still don't understand why the AAP recommends a shot at birth for an STD, even when the mother is negative for this).

• Loading the player...
  • Mari had all her shots at once on Wednesday - Hib, polio, roto, pneumo, and Dtap. She is still running a fever and not herself. I'll be damned if I ever give this kid all her shots at once again. I just keep prayin she'll be ok. I'm actually waiting for a call back from the doctor now. And sometimes the faux Tylenol I'm giving her doesn't even break the fever... Don't do it all at once Mel.
  • We are breaking them up because it just seems like a lot for a little immune system to handle all at once. I also read the vaccine book and I recommend it. Dr Sears is not anti-vacc, and he goes over how common andhow serious the disease is that the vacc protects against, and also talks about the safety of each vaccine. There are some scary side effects, although they are very rare. I just felt like if I could spread them out it would be better for her and I couldn't think of a disadvantage to doing it that way (besides droving to the pedis office more often).
  • We did it all ay once and she was pretty fussy that night but the next day she was back to her happy self again the next day. Never any fever though and we face her some generic tylenol for the pain. She was good to go.
  • Oh crap, I accidentally selected the wrong one.  I picked broke them up, but G got all his shots at once.
  • imagetrevess:

I didn't vote bc I am very picky about which shots I am giving Hayden, so we are doing something totally off-the-wall.  "The Vaccine Book" by Dr. Sears is a GREAT resource and gives an alternative schedule to follow.  (Ours is even a little different than this, but it will give you ideas). 

At 2 mos, she only had two shots- the DTaP, and the Hib  (one in each leg).  These are the only two shots she has had so far bc I refused the Hep B at birth and one month (I still don't understand why the AAP recommends a shot at birth for an STD, even when the mother is negative for this).

Marcos gets 2 shots every month. I did get his Hep shot at birth.

• I own a vaccine company.  I could write a book on this topic. :(  I am super picky about which vaccines my kids get and when.  Here is my short answer: putting all the vaccines together taxes the immune system heavily.  Plus, a baby's immune system is not fully mature at 2 months.  That is adding insult to injury.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"