Attachment Parenting

what is this carrier!?!?!

so i bought a mai tai-like carrier at a local consignment sale yesterday. the tag said it was a mai tai but when i got it home to go online and see exactly how to use it i noticed it has just one long strap on both sides and hooks to pull the straps thru on the bottom [which does not look like a real mai tai to me] so i was just curious if anyone knew what the heck this thing was and how exactly am i supposed to use it.  that blue part is also a big pocket with little strappy things inside!?! maybe to hold a bottle or something...i have no idea!

its cute though, huh! it was only twelve bucks!

Re: what is this carrier!?!?!

• PIP didn't work!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • weird cuz i can see it. hmmm...how about if you click here to see it?
  • Loading the player...
  • It is called an Onbuhimo.  You can google for instructions on wearing. :)

ETA: It is often referred to as an Onbu 

• imagehoneybeee:

It is called an Onbuhimo.  You can google for instructions on wearing. :)

yay! they seem kinda rare so i would have never figured it out! THANKS SO MUCH!

and i had been tying it in the front, not the back so i get it now!

• I'm glad you posted about this - I am intrigued by the lack of waist straps! I just found my next sewing project! ;)
  • imagehoneybeee:

Hey honeybee! I know you :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I googled it and it seems really easy to use. I want one!
  • i used it today at the craft store and i really like it. so does corbin! and thats what matters! :)
  • It looks like an Onbu.  The shoulder straps go through the loops and I usually tie off Tibentan style across my chest.  The nice thing about it is that it doesn't tie around your waist, so it's great for wearing during pregnancy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageGypsyEsq:
    imagehoneybeee:

Hey honeybee! I know you :) 

Hey mama! I know you too! :)  Lots of tbw mamas around these parts.  We need to meet up sometime soon!   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"