Multiples
Options

anyone have the chicco tandem stroller?

My mom and I went to BRU today to "look" and omg did I find a TON of stuff I'd love for the Bears' nursery. But I did find the stroller/travel system I absolutely want!

Does anyone have the Chicco tandem travel system and car seats and how do you like it? The stroller turns on a dime and can fit both car seats. It's expensive but looks and feels great/sturdy/safe.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4060896&006=4210923000&005=2432905360&002=2195185&004=1435548270&007=Search

Married 6/30/07, TTC 9/07,Mc 12/07, Mc #2 10/8/09,Twin boys 11/30/10, seperated 8/11image
"Our greatest glory isn't in never falling but in rising every time we fall"
8/24/09 3rd cycle on 50mg Clomid= BFP 9/23/09 =10/8/09 m/c #2 at 6wks 2days 3/9/10 4th Cycle on 50mg Clomid = BFP 4-5-10 200mg prometrium 2xdaily 1st beta/progesterone 10dpo=43 2nd beta 13dpo=339 u/s 4/16=5wks 3days single visible sac and fetal pole h/b 4/28=Suprise it's Twins! 150 and 127 bpm Labor Buddy to Sonadora and Strunella
cleaning2
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Craft Blog *~* Loss/Pg Blog: PM me if you'd like to read along *~*Bfp Chart imageimage

Re: anyone have the chicco tandem stroller?

• Options
    cadencaden member

I don't have it but I'm seriously considering it. While it's not dirt cheap, for a twin double the price is really good IMO. I'm going back and forth between this and the Baby Jogger City Select, which is MUCH more expensive. The biggest issue I have with the Chicco is that it seems like the seats are really close together. I worry about the legroom in the back. (I'm convinced my kids will be giant since both DH & I are super tall.)

I also probably won't use a tandem with the car seats since DNSGs are readily available on craigslist for about $50 and would be much easier/lighter to get in and out of a car.

• Options
    We don't have it yet, but this is the TS we're going with. We drove it around at BBB and I was really impressed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecaden:

The biggest issue I have with the Chicco is that it seems like the seats are really close together. I worry about the legroom in the back. (I'm convinced my kids will be giant since both DH & I are super tall.)

This is exactly what I'm worried about...my kids are bound to be Amazons...

Married 6/30/07, TTC 9/07,Mc 12/07, Mc #2 10/8/09,Twin boys 11/30/10, seperated 8/11image
    8/24/09 3rd cycle on 50mg Clomid= BFP 9/23/09 =10/8/09 m/c #2 at 6wks 2days 3/9/10 4th Cycle on 50mg Clomid = BFP 4-5-10 200mg prometrium 2xdaily 1st beta/progesterone 10dpo=43 2nd beta 13dpo=339 u/s 4/16=5wks 3days single visible sac and fetal pole h/b 4/28=Suprise it's Twins! 150 and 127 bpm Labor Buddy to Sonadora and Strunella
    cleaning2
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Craft Blog *~* Loss/Pg Blog: PM me if you'd like to read along *~*Bfp Chart imageimage
  • Options

I went to BRU with the idea that this was THE one I was going to get. I started looking around and "played" with almost all of the ones that would accomodate 2 infant carseats. I loved the chicco tandem, and I loved how smooth and light it was (for being a double stroller). I also loved how easy the carseats snapped into place.

We actually ended up buying the Baby Trend Sit n' Stand. I had a hard time deciding between both, because they were both very good (the two best that I could find at the store). What made our decision was pricing, (because the Baby Trend is a lot cheaper, for basically the same conveniences). Also if you are worried about room, the Baby Trend sets the seats further apart (and they have their own trays/cupholders). The carseats fit in the stroller very easily as well. We LOVED the carseats that go with them, because they have the "traingle top" handle which is a very very nice, and a lot easier to carry (especially because we will be carrying two) 

Basically, the factors are the same, and if the Baby Trend had not have been such a great stroller for the price, we would have gone with the Chicco.

Hope that helps! :)  

• Options
    imageamanda280:

I went to BRU with the idea that this was THE one I was going to get. I started looking around and "played" with almost all of the ones that would accomodate 2 infant carseats. I loved the chicco tandem, and I loved how smooth and light it was (for being a double stroller). I also loved how easy the carseats snapped into place.

We actually ended up buying the Baby Trend Sit n' Stand. I had a hard time deciding between both, because they were both very good (the two best that I could find at the store). What made our decision was pricing, (because the Baby Trend is a lot cheaper, for basically the same conveniences). Also if you are worried about room, the Baby Trend sets the seats further apart (and they have their own trays/cupholders). The carseats fit in the stroller very easily as well. We LOVED the carseats that go with them, because they have the "traingle top" handle which is a very very nice, and a lot easier to carry (especially because we will be carrying two) 

Basically, the factors are the same, and if the Baby Trend had not have been such a great stroller for the price, we would have gone with the Chicco.

Hope that helps! :)  

Yes! Thankyou for the info...i'll make sure I do more of a test drive in the store and not just the aisle.

cleaning2
  • Options
    When we were "test driving" the strollers, we got the carseats that would fit and played with them also. We put them in and out of the stroller, opened and closed the strollers to figure out which one was easier and worked better. I'm not sure if the stores around you will allow it (im sure they will) but we were able to take ours out to the car and make sure it fit in the trunk of my car and everything. Good Luck with your search, and I hope you find the one that works perfect for you! 
  • Options

Remember too.. you can use a 20% discount on the Chicco Double Stroller so while it has a retail price of $299 you can get $60 additional off it. Just a thought.

We purchased it in the Romantica brand.  We had already purchased the Chicco car seats & figured it was cheaper than the City Select which we originally had been put on a waiting list for.. but didn't know if it would come in on time... plus the BJCS was tons more money and the BBB assoc talked us out of the BJCS for some reason.

We haven't had the opportunity to use it yet though so I can't give you anymore info than that.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cadencaden member
    I haven't tested this in the store, and I hope I'm wrong, but from what I'm seeing on Chicco's website, It appears that the front seat of this stroller doesn't recline. The description only mentions the rear seat reclining.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"