Secondary IF
Options

Insurance companies

I called to see what was covered and man is it confusing.  There are all these stipulations and they want three failed attempts at a less invasive procedure before trying ICSI, unless the Dr says that DH's analysis is so bad that only ICSI will work.  I don't want 3 failed attempts, I just want one working attempt.  I guess we will see what the Dr says.  Last time they said ICSI was our only option but that was before DS, he was our little miracle.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Insurance companies

• Options

Better than ours.

When I called, it was pretty straightforward.  "We don't cover anything related to infertility."

• Options
    imageMrsT1209:

Better than ours.

When I called, it was pretty straightforward.  "We don't cover anything related to infertility."

That stinks and is not fair.  I really think they should have to cover it.  It's a disease like any other.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My insurance company wants us to do 6 IUI cycles before IVF/ICIS.  which is crazy with how bad DH's MFI.  The RE is writing a letter to the ins company to tell them IUI is a waste of money and the only way is IVF/ ICIS.  As long as the Dr proves its better than the ins companies usually ok it.  We are just in the waiting process right now.  All consent forms and letter have been submitted already and I will be starting BCP around June 15th for my first IVF cycle and i am nervous
  • Options

imageoneandonlyyou:
    My insurance company wants us to do 6 IUI cycles before IVF/ICIS.  which is crazy with how bad DH's MFI.  The RE is writing a letter to the ins company to tell them IUI is a waste of money and the only way is IVF/ ICIS.  As long as the Dr proves its better than the ins companies usually ok it.  We are just in the waiting process right now.  All consent forms and letter have been submitted already and I will be starting BCP around June 15th for my first IVF cycle and i am nervous

I know everyone is different and I am sure you mentioned it in an earlier post.  But what were you're DH's numbers.  I think we may be in the same boat, I won't know until next week but I am kind of hoping to go right to ICSI.  Last RE we went to for said that was the way to go but that was 4 years ago. 

• Options
    hope4ushope4us member

It is very confusing!  Hopefully you can bypass the 3 failed attempts and just go straight to ICSI.  GL!

I've read our coverage policy so many times and always thought we didn't have ANY coverage but then DH and I read it again last night and the way it's worded it sounds like maybe we get some.  I'll take this in to the RE office for them to read and see what it all means.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • Options
    imagekellyloveszach:

imageoneandonlyyou:

I know everyone is different and I am sure you mentioned it in an earlier post.  But what were you're DH's numbers.  I think we may be in the same boat, I won't know until next week but I am kind of hoping to go right to ICSI.  Last RE we went to for said that was the way to go but that was 4 years ago. 

his numbers are pretty bad, his morph is 0% , and he was at 2mil.  so the RE told me the only way to make a baby is through ICIS.  I trust her. DH has had 4 SA's done in the past year and that last two that he had were worse than the first two, all the other testing was fine on him so basically with the morph at 0 and the motility just as low there is no chance of getting pregnant naturally or with IUI. Are you going to be cycling soon?

• Options
    sorry he is at 6mil for his count  on the last SA he had done the one before that was 2mil and 0% morph so the morph didnt get any better
  • Options

Before we did anything our numbers were motility of 24, morph of 0% and low testosterone.  Since that SA we have done clomid, zinc, acupuncture and chinese herbs and we have been trying to improve diet but that is an uphill battle.  

Current counts are a bit better with testosterone improving into a normal range and motility going up to 45 so almost in a normal range and morph is now at 1%.

Hmm...I wonder what the RE will say.  I hope all our trying to get the numbers better naturally didn't end up messing things up. 

• Options
    imagekellyloveszach:

Before we did anything our numbers were motility of 24, morph of 0% and low testosterone.  Since that SA we have done clomid, zinc, acupuncture and chinese herbs and we have been trying to improve diet but that is an uphill battle.  

Current counts are a bit better with testosterone improving into a normal range and motility going up to 45 so almost in a normal range and morph is now at 1%.

Hmm...I wonder what the RE will say.  I hope all our trying to get the numbers better naturally didn't end up messing things up. 

The RE and the Urologist didnt tell us anything to improve it, basically there really isnt anything that my DH can do to fix his numbers.  It really is up to the RE on what will be done.  I am hoping the best for you and for me.  I am getting nervous about the injections but the outcome is going to be worth it.

• Options

Actually the Urologist didn't tell us anything to improve it either except the Clomid.  It kind of annoys me that they don't really give any suggestions.  Just come back in three months which we have done for a year now.

We just heard from other moms that acupuncture worked for female infertility problems so we figured it was worth a shot.  My DH LOVES acupuncture.  He wants to continue going even after we get pg.  He says it's super relaxing.  The acupuncturist sent us to the chinese herb lady and the zinc came from a English tv show about dieting where the couple was having male infertility.  I have been making my DH do stuff to try and help because I am a bit of a control freak and it makes me feel better.  I hate that I have no control over the situation.

The outcome will definitely be worth it.  I am nervous about it all too but I am just hoping that once the conception thing gets taken care of, then it will be a go.  I am definitely hoping for the best for you. 

• Options
    I have heard about the vitamins but DH didnt take them.  They never suggested clomid with him i was on two cycles of clomid and i didnt respond and with MFI it didnt help.  So now its on to IVF/ICIS I am just waiting for AF in June to start the protocol they she gave me and of course the nurse will be ordering my meds soon.  Do you have and clue when you will be cycling?
  • Options
    imageMrsT1209:

Better than ours.

This is what ours told me as well. Anything with the word infertility is NOT covered. I am actually still under the care of my OB because of this.  

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"