Multiples
Options

mini crib or standard

I love the ideas of the 4-in-1 convertible and found a standard and mini styles that I like...but I'm kinda stuck on the Riley Mini Crib. We have a small space and not too much room for all the extras.

Any ideas suggestions welcome!

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3538757

Married 6/30/07, TTC 9/07,Mc 12/07, Mc #2 10/8/09,Twin boys 11/30/10, seperated 8/11image
"Our greatest glory isn't in never falling but in rising every time we fall"
8/24/09 3rd cycle on 50mg Clomid= BFP 9/23/09 =10/8/09 m/c #2 at 6wks 2days 3/9/10 4th Cycle on 50mg Clomid = BFP 4-5-10 200mg prometrium 2xdaily 1st beta/progesterone 10dpo=43 2nd beta 13dpo=339 u/s 4/16=5wks 3days single visible sac and fetal pole h/b 4/28=Suprise it's Twins! 150 and 127 bpm Labor Buddy to Sonadora and Strunella
cleaning2
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Craft Blog *~* Loss/Pg Blog: PM me if you'd like to read along *~*Bfp Chart imageimage

Re: mini crib or standard

• Options
    We have 3 of these cribs. They are nicely made and very sturdy (many mini's are not). The quality is comparable to the convertible crib my DD used. I do suggest you buy the mini crib mattress though as the pad that comes with it is about 1.5" thick. The crib also comes with the conversion pieces for a twin bed. My only complaint is that my DD will try to climb up to peek in and they are tippy. We will need to secure them before we put babies in them. We will not be upgrading to full size cribs like some here do but if that's your intent I don't see the point in that. The cribs are large enough to accomodate infant through small toddler.
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Options
    I wish we had considered mini cribs now that our full size ones are all assembled. The girls' room is pretty large...but we really underestimated the size of the cribs. We wanted to put them in an L-shape in one of the corners but they're too deep for that configuration, so they're just next to each other along one of the walls. All we have in there right now is the 2 cribs and a long dresser/changing table but the cribs make the room feel so much smaller!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we were going to go with minicribs, since our kids' room is 11 x 11, but we went with full size convertible cribs and i'm so happy we did.  it took some maneuvering to get everything in the room to fit (two cribs, chest of drawers, dresser/changer, glider, and diaper cart/organizer, but it works nicely for us.
  • Options
    I think the minis are too small personally. I can't see my 2 year old still being comfortable in them, and he's nowhere near being ready to transition to a toddler bed. We just ordered the Graco Lauren convertible from BRU for the same price as your minis if that factored in at all. They seem just as nice as my toddlers $400 crib (makes me wonder why we picked such an expensive crib the first time around!) and I love that they will be able to use them until they are grown. Neither my brother nor I were comfortable in twin beds after about 14-15 years old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"