Attachment Parenting

F/U to Dr. Appt.

We got it!! We have an appointment on Tuesday. I'm happy they listened to me. She had been "colicky" from day one until about a month ago. Then she just got better. I had already eliminated dairy. She had a reaction last week. Colic doesn't get better and then all of a sudden show up for a week and disappear again. Anyway, I guess maybe it was egg??? They told me over the phone that they would probably only test egg and milk. I'm going to try to get them to also test for soy. If these come back negative, our next avenue is going to be testing for fluid behind her ears.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: F/U to Dr. Appt.

• QuazelQuazel member
    I am glad they listened!  Why are you testing rather than elimination dieting then challenging it?  I am sorry if you have discussed this before and I missed it!
  • Well, I have eliminated dairy, and it seemed to be going well. But now, I'm afraid we have developed others. The total elimination diets that I've seen say to do under doctor supervision. I'd rather just know instead of putting her through so much guess work with my diet, especially since it is very difficult to find whole foods here. I live in a rural and not exactly healthly area, so finding enough food for those kinds of diets is going to be tough.
  • Loading the player...
  • congrats and good luck!!!  ihope you find some answers!

question - what is the fluid behind the ears?  i assume the doc already looked in her ears (like for an ear infection), is there something further they do than just that?  sorry this is a totally stupid question but my DD is always rubbing her ears and they always just look in them  and say no ear infection, must be teething...

TIA :)

• Good luck!  Hope you get some answers soon!
  • imageWiggleBaby:

congrats and good luck!!!  ihope you find some answers!

question - what is the fluid behind the ears?  i assume the doc already looked in her ears (like for an ear infection), is there something further they do than just that?  sorry this is a totally stupid question but my DD is always rubbing her ears and they always just look in them  and say no ear infection, must be teething...

Jana rubs her ears a ton! No ear infections or fever and her ears drain great. I have a friend though whose child acted "colicky" for nine months and finally got tubes and then got some better. Anyway to the best of my knowledge it is a build up of some sort of fluid behind the eardrum that causes pressure. It may even cause speech problems (simply because they do not hear correctly so they are immitating an incorrect sound). I had tubes in my ears when I was little.

• imageRandiDeeAnn:
    imageWiggleBaby:

congrats and good luck!!!  ihope you find some answers!

Jana rubs her ears a ton! No ear infections or fever and her ears drain great. I have a friend though whose child acted "colicky" for nine months and finally got tubes and then got some better. Anyway to the best of my knowledge it is a build up of some sort of fluid behind the eardrum that causes pressure. It may even cause speech problems (simply because they do not hear correctly so they are immitating an incorrect sound). I had tubes in my ears when I was little.

thanks!!! i'm going to look into this!!!!

ETA - this link seems to have a good explanation

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"