Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Does anyone else feel like they're on "auto pilot?"

DS has been STTN for months now, so I'm technically getting as many hours of sleep as I used to, but I still feel like I'm on auto-pilot most days.  I kind of plod through my day, but I get everything done.

Does anyone else feel like this regularly?  I'm a tiny bit concerned that this isn't normal, but it's not like I'm at my wits' end all the time...I'm just...blah. 

i mentioned it to my gp when i was in his office yesterday, and he said he wasn't too concerned, but if it continued, to let him know, and he gave me a B12 shot to see if that helped.

thoughts?   is this just the new "normal?"

Re: Does anyone else feel like they're on "auto pilot?"

• If you feel like you're unable to take joy in your normally enjoyable activities, then it's worth mentioning to your OB. When in doubt, at least call.

I feel the same way, FWIW. I actually have an appointment with my OB today. My difficulties seem to be amplified when I have AF, so I'm convinced it's hormonal.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel the same way. go to work, come home, wash rinse repeat. I look forward to my days off, but then I end up doing nothing other than taking care of DD, cleaning/chores, go to the store. I'm going to a friend's 21st birthday party next week and I'm hoping it really gets me out of this slump. I hardly ever get to cut loose and do anything exciting anymore.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's easy to feel sort of "blah" when you're doing the same thing everyday and barely have enough time to get it all done.  

Not sure if you SAH or not ...  I try to do different stuff with DD everyday and get out a lot so I don't start to feel "blah."

I definitely feel like I'm on autopilot sometimes.  Change diapers, clean bottles, feed solids, clean up, do laundry, make dinner ...  by the end of the day I don't know where the day went and I'm really tired.

I have a feeling that this is the "new normal" ... no doubt it will be changing soon though, as DD becomes more independent. 

• imageMrsBatty:

Not sure if you SAH or not ...  I try to do different stuff with DD everyday and get out a lot so I don't start to feel "blah."

I definitely feel like I'm on autopilot sometimes.  Change diapers, clean bottles, feed solids, clean up, do laundry, make dinner ...  by the end of the day I don't know where the day went and I'm really tired.

I have a feeling that this is the "new normal" ... no doubt it will be changing soon though, as DD becomes more independent. 

i hope you're right...

i work part-time, so you'd think it would be the best of both worlds, and in a way it is, but it's just a different set of things to do on autopilot: 

get up, go to work, leave at 2, pick up DS, go home, feed, try to clean/do laundry (if he's not crying when i leave the room), try to get dinner started, feed, change, DH comes home, cook dinner, wash, rinse, repeat.

i just don't have the energy to want to do anything any different most afternoons.  i notice that on thursdays i have a little more energy because that starts my weekend (we do a 4 day work week), but most days i'm just trying to get to 6:30 when DH walks in the door.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"