Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Anyone consigned at Green Beans Resale?

I took in 4 bags of NB and 0-3 clothes and was given, IMO, a very low buy offer.  Far less than $1 a piece.  I was told most items had stains, which I find hard to believe since I did not see any stains and all items were washed.  I was told they can "see stains I can't" - I assume that maybe they are looking under a black light?  Two questions:

DD is EBF (or was then) so does BM stain like that?  and Second, if you consigned there did you feel it was a fair buy price and/or representative of consignment?

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone consigned at Green Beans Resale?

• I have not consigned there, but both my kids were EBF for over a year. When I was pg with #2 and pulled out #1 clothes to see what if anything I could reuse that was gender neutral, I was amazed to find stains that were not there when I packed things away. Several days of soaking in Oxyclean did the trick.
  • i've shopped there, but not consigned. i've overheard a number of people having discussions with the staff about their potential consignments. it sounded to me like many people find their offers to be low.

as a shopper, i didn't think the prices were that great. still, you can't shop at divine consign every day :)

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies.  I shopped there a lot when DD was in the NB, 0-3 month stages but have had a harder time getting there since I returned to work.  The staining and BM thing makes sense so I will assume that's the issue.  I'm was concerned because their first buy offer included a diaper something or other that I know I did not consign since we use cloth diapers and I guess I wonder if they mixed our stuff up with other stuff.  I will say that based on what they are paying/offering to me and what they charge they are doing quite well LOL.  I can't decide if I'll just take my stuff back and go through the hassle of putting into a DC-type event or just leave it.  Oh well, small worries I suppose.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just went in the time on Friday and found them way overpriced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"