3rd Trimester
Options

Getting Induced....

So I had my dr appt today and I still have not dialated at all! So frustrating. Dr scheduled an induction for next week Tuesday. He said he will start with a pill *starts with a c* on my cervix.

Anyone ever had this for an induction?

Re: Getting Induced....

• Options
    cervidil??? Not sure about the spelling but if that is it yes. My friend had it the night before to finish thinning and hopefullly dilate her cervix
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cervadil... it's not a pill it looks like a white listerine strip on a string.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was induced with Cervadil too. I was a fingertip to 1 cm dilated with DD, and had a successful induction. Good luck!
  • Options
    Yep, just like PPs said.  I am being induced on Thursday night and will have the same thing.  Hang in there.  I was ZERO progress last week and now 1 cm with 50%... they are still really hopeful for a successful induction and vaginal birth.  Stay positive!  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
  • Options

I'm going in Thursday night too!!  Getting cervadil around 5/6pm and hopefully that will help dilate me or start contractions.  Pitocin will start Friday morning.  I think they leave the cervadil in for 12 hours.  

Hopefully we'll all have successful induction stories!  That is unless labor happens naturally before then... 

• Options
    Induction here too! I go in tomorrow night for cervidil. Keeping fingers crossed for all of us! I'm 2 cm, -1 station and midline and had a vag birth with ds so I'm hoping it's smooth. Gl ladies :)
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    i had cervadil (sp) with dd. it is not a pill, it was inserted and left in for about 12 hours (they put it in about 6pm and kept me over night) the next morning i took it out (just like a tampon) and i lost my mp. i then got started with pitocin. gl, if you have any other questions let me know.
  • Options
    ougrad1ougrad1 member

I was induced with no progress with Emerson.  I went in on Sunday and the started with the cirvadil around 7 pm.  I did absolutely nothing by 7 the next morning.

They started the pit around 8 am and broke my water around 8:30.  That's when all hell broke lose.  I would absolutely advise you to go ahead and get the epi when they break your water.  It took my anesthesiologist almost 3 hrs to get it to me by the time I asked for it and I was having one constant contraction at that point without any relief.

I ended up with a section because Emerson's h/r went down into the 50's.  But, it ended up being the very best thing and I couldn't have had an easier recovery.

GL to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lambie.Lambie. member
    Cytotec, used like cervadil only it is a pill and can't be pulled out. It disolves.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"