January 2011 Moms

Ok to eat pork sausage?

I want to make scrambled eggs and sausage for supper. Is that OK to eat at 5 weeks?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers www.theartlips.blogspot.com

Re: Ok to eat pork sausage?

• I wouldn't see why not.  Is it ground sausage?  I would be a little wary of processed smoky links or something of that nature.  But if it is ground, I wouldn't worry about it as long as you aren't worried about any sort of contamination or storage issues.  I love sausage :)
  • nurseJKnurseJK member
    They do not want pg women to eat monosodium glutenate (msg). Look on the list of ingredients. I noticed that brand names have it but store brands do not. Also, I believe Bob Evans has a natural version of sausage that doesn't have msg. Even if it does have msg, I mean if you eat a small amount and not frequently.... up to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, it's ground pork sausage. I'm sure there are preservatives in it. But, i TOO love sausuage! :) I think if i cook it well enough it should be good. Yum!
  • imagenurseJK:
    They do not want pg women to eat monosodium glutenate (msg). Look on the list of ingredients. I noticed that brand names have it but store brands do not. Also, I believe Bob Evans has a natural version of sausage that doesn't have msg. Even if it does have msg, I mean if you eat a small amount and not frequently.... up to you!

Wow, I did not know this!  Now I know what to look for!  I just recently started buying sausage and some bacon in the store.  I grew up on a farm where we raised our own cattle and pigs, and I still get most of our meat from my parents' farm.  I can be a little uninformed when it comes to things they put in meat in stores...good to know! 

• This is John Morrell and it doesn't have msg listed in the ingredients. It does have BHA, BHT, Propyl Gallate and Citric Acid.
  • No worse for you than before you were pregnant.  Just cook thoroughly.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • CeefomeCeefome member
    Not if you keep Kosher....
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"