Orange County Babies

Not sleeping through the night again.

DS is almost 8 months and has this week started waking up in the middle of the night. We lowered his crib over the weekend so I was thinking it could be that. One of his molars is starting to come in but I use abesol (sp) at night. Anyone elses LO revert??

Re: Not sleeping through the night again.

• YES! I don't know your DS history but with Natalie we had to sleep train like every 4 months it seems- always around growth spurts or something like that.

We had to sleep train at around 5 months with Ferber bc she never STTN on her own. We always reverted back to Ferber until she started crib jumping (around 2 years) and then we went to Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. 

So I don't have any real advice for you but if you haven't sleep trained before I would go with ferber- it did wonders for us. it is reallllllllly hard- especially night 1 but usually by night 4 they are STTN again. 

GL!

www.jojofromtheblog.com Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • DD had bouts of STTN but reverted many times through her first year. SHe still isn't STTN consistently. *CRY*
  • Loading the player...
  • Unfortunately, yes.  DD reverted for about 2 months sometime after her first birthday.  I thought I was going to die.  But then, as suddenly as she reverted, she went back to STTN.  It sounds like it's normal for them to go back and forth a bit.  Good luck.  Hope you get some sleep soon!
  • DD had the same happened around 8 months and now again at 10 months.  It's very sporadic. When we told the ped he blamed it on growing pains. So far we have had two nighs during this month that she wakes up at 2am and just cries. We think it's gas, her teeth are coming out, we feed her, is she cold, hot????? but nothing works. eventually one of us just stays up and rocks her back to sleep.  It's very weird.
  • DS was/is the same.  He goes back and forth between STTN and not.  We have always used a modified version of Ferber (what's comfortable for me since I am mostly the one around at bed time).  It works really well for us.  Right between 8 and 9 months was a killer, though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"