3rd Trimester
Options

water breaking vs. peeing your pants

I am so worried that I am not going to realize my water broke-stupid i know. This is my first time going through this so I don't know hat to expect. Anyways, what if you are taking a bath or shower would you be able to tell. What if you peed your pants a little? How much water comes out when it breaks? Is it noticeable?

Re: water breaking vs. peeing your pants

• Options
    thank you for posting this!! i have been sitting here wondering the same thing. i feel like i should know this as a 2nd timer but my water never broke last time- they broke it at the hospital. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Lambie.Lambie. member
    If your water breaks, you will keep leaking up until when you deliver.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my water broken last time but I imagine the feeling would be very similar - it was (to me) a huge gush of fluids that I could not control, with each contraction more came out.   So, if you feel like you are peeing in your pants and you can't stop it or it continues at regular intervals after you've emptied your bladder, it's probably worth a call to OB. 
  • Options
    When your water breaks it will continue to leak until you deliver your baby.  I went to the hospital with a towel shoved between my legs.
    Brooke 10.15.08 & Molly 6.15.10

Photobucket

• Options

imageLambie.:
    If your water breaks, you will keep leaking up until when you deliver.

This.  You will know.  With B I was going to the bathroom right before we left for the hospital.  I finished peeing and was still leaking...it is a different sensation.  I kept leaking for hours then after.  Also, if you are worried that your water will break in the shower/bath and you wont notice...not so much.  It is a lot of fluid, and generally you get a slow leak and not one big gush. 

• Options

My water broke with DS in the shower and I didn't realize it. When I got out of the shower I went to the bathroom and once I stopped peeing, it continued, it even sounded like I was still peeing!

I was young and with my first child and still didn't believe thats what it was! So I started to get dressed for my Dr appt and it continued to leak down my legs.

I got dressed and headed to Dr appt (30 minutes away) still in denial that my water  had broke and figured at 9 mos pregnant your body does aweful things anyway,and it must have been something like that! lol

By the time I got to Dr office my pants were soaked!  It looked like a little kid who wet their pants! I haf aweful cramps on the way there too. I figured the position I was sitting in made the bag flow more than trickle while I was standing.

When I got to Dr office and saw my pants, I started crying like a baby and went inside. Told the receptionist I think my water may have broke, or I just wet my pants! She said what makes me think its my water, and I lifted my shirt and showed her my legs. She sent me directly to labor and delivery. 7 hours later I was a mommy!

My contractions didnt come automatically even after bieng admitted and I had to have pitocen to get them started.

Moral of this story: Water breaking, even while in the shower, will not stop leaking after you get out. Even if theres a big gush, the bag will continue to leak until baby is delivered. Do not worry about it, it will happen!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think you'll notice the difference like PPs said, but I wanted to comment that when mine broke with DD when I stood up, it stopped because of where her head was positioned.  It only leaked when I was able to sit and her head was out of the way of the opening.  Also, from what I understand, only 11% of women's water break BEFORE any contractions so it's very possible that yours will not break before you know you're in labor!!
  • Options
    My water broke while I was peeing. I thought it was a lot of pee and  I didn't realize it until after I stood up and got a second gush.  It continued to "gush" well into labor for many hours. sorry I know that sounds gross but...
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I never had a gush, but mine continued to leak long after I stood up from the toilet.  I still had some doubt, but DH was like, how often do you keep peeing your pants? 

• Options

I certainly knew when mine broke! It was warm and I knew it wasnt pee! I felt a small gush, another small gush, then a LARGE gush! I soaked a whole diaper (literally!). I ran into the bathroom and had a puddle of clear water on the floor. I was wearing a dress that day since I was AT my baby shower!!

I was 1 hour into my baby shower and my water broke. Yep. Luckily we were doing a diaper game and I threw a diaper into my undies and went to the hospital!

I was 36w5d and did not have my hospital bag packed! All I really needed was my bathroom items! (I know...totally off subject lol)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"