New York Babies

Husband's family - your opinion please!

My husband's 30 year old brother from abroad has lived with us charge-free for three months. That makes four of us in a small one-bedroom appartment - I, my husband and our son  sleep in the bedroom, he sleeps on the couch in the living room/kitchen. He is planning on staying indeffinitely because he earns very little. I feel miserable and I can't take it any more! What would you do??? 

Re: Husband's family - your opinion please!

• I would talk to your husband about how you're feeling and he should give your BIL a time table for moving out (1 or 2 months tops imo).

Mom to 3 wonderful girls:
    Eva, born on 1/2/11
    Celia and Lily, born on 5/17/13
  • Thank you Rachiemoo, you've been very helpful!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRachiemoo:
    I would talk to your husband about how you're feeling and he should give your BIL a time table for moving out (1 or 2 months tops imo).

This. But I wouldn't even give him a month. If he doesn't make a lot of money at the age of 30 it's time for him to find a job that pays more (or get a second job) and pay for his own place. If he can't afford his own place, he can find a roommate.

You can also find a few apartments for him to look at so he doesn't feel like you are just throwing him out. If your H isn't on board with it, tell him he has to choose.

Seriously, by 30 NOBODY should be mooching off family. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"