Multiples
Options

dumb ? about hospital stay after birth

Does it depend on your insurance or are diapers/formula just provided for the babies for free? I called insurance to see if our c-section was covered in full, but didn't think to ask about the other little things. And what about breast pump? Should I bring my own or does the hospital let you use their stuff for the handful of days you are there? Thx!

Re: dumb ? about hospital stay after birth

• Options
    I assume they are covered.  Never thought of it- but it seems that they are giving the stuff away.  Our nurse grabbed bags and cleared out the room of everything to give to us...
  • Options

you don't pay for diapers or formula (if you use it)... they get those things for free from the companies - and you can take a lot home with you... in fact- have your DH take a little bit home each day (formula and diapers) so they will keep restocking your baby carts and you keep getting more and more : )

i used the hospital pump - but you certainly can bring your pump - which might be good if you want help learning how to use it - the LC can assist you and make sure you have the right size flanges, etc.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hey!! You're almost there been thinking about you ladies :))

Diapers/formula are free for the hospital so they better not make you pay for it!!  Abbott foods is out of Columbus and they supply Similac to our hospital.  Your room will have a Madela pump in the room and you'll be charged for your pump kit.  You get to take the kit with you and I believe it works on the non-hospital grade Madela pumps.

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

IVF#1 - 2 Blast Transfered = BFP!!! Identical Triplets&Fraternal = QUADS!! imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Let's see... we came home w/ tons of diapers, gauze wipes, all the receiving blankets (which are the BEST SIZE EVER if you want to swaddle! tons of the ice pack pads for your underware, tons of post partum pads, formula company diaper bag w/ formula, and  other stuff.

Our insurance only covers  a breast pump rental IF babies are in the NICU, and it's subject to our deductible... so we're responsible for the first $250. That's probably  a question  you do want to contact  them about to see what your actual policy covers.

• Options
    Awesome news! Thx for the feedback. Will def send goodies home with DH each day so they keep bringing more. :-) Brit - how much is the kit they charge us for?
  • Options
    The diaps and formula are free, the hospital gets them free from the diap/formula companies (if they get you hooked on their product, it's worth it to them).  Don't take your breast pump.  I took it when I had DS1 and didn't touch it.  I didn't take it when I had the twins, the LC recommended I use one to jump start my supply and she wheeled one in for me to use.
  • Options
    I don't know about insurance stuff (I had double coverage and walked away paying nothing) but I think that the diapers/formula are all covered with the hospital stay.  It'd be like them charging you for using toilet paper while at the hospital....it's all covered under your room/stay charge.  My breast pump was also covered and as a mom of multiples you should be given preference and they should give you a hospital grade pump while you are there and your insurance should cover the tubing and accesories for the pump that you will take with you when you leave the hospital.
  • Options
    It was all free, and I got to take the Medela tubing and accessories with me.  :)

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagesourpop:
    Awesome news! Thx for the feedback. Will def send goodies home with DH each day so they keep bringing more. :-) Brit - how much is the kit they charge us for?

The nurse said is was around 100$ if we were to buy it they charge it with the room so insurance should cover it :))

IVF#1 - 2 Blast Transfered = BFP!!! Identical Triplets&Fraternal = QUADS!! imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    smeyersmeyer member
    imagebritbswoo:

imagesourpop:

The nurse said is was around 100$ if we were to buy it they charge it with the room so insurance should cover it :))

This is what I've heard, too at the hospital where you and I are delivering (and probably where Britbswoo did, too).  As long as you let them know you want the kit during your stay, they'll charge your insurance vs you directly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"