OB/GYN Great Lakes/ North Shore Area — The Bump
Chicago Babies

OB/GYN Great Lakes/ North Shore Area

Does anyone know of a good ob/gyn around Great Lakes/ NorthShore area that is open to med free/natural birth? Homebirth might be a bit too much for me, but I'd like to stick with the least medical intervention as possible.

I was recommended Highland Park Hospital, so any other recs would be great! Thanks!

Re: OB/GYN Great Lakes/ North Shore Area

• I love my OB, Dr. Adam Cohan, and he is in both Lake Forest and Grayslake (delivers at Lake Forest Hospital).  I was recommended to the practice by several friends who go there.  I met with all of the doctors in the practice and like Dr. Cohan the best (although they are all great).  There are 4 doctors total - 2 females and 2 males.  I also LOVED delivering at Lake Forest Hospital.  I wouldn't be able to come up with any negatives about it even if I tried.  Here is Dr. Cohan's info:

900 N. Westmoreland Rd., Suite 207

Lake Forest

(847) 234-9110

1475 E. Belvidere Rd., Suite 302

Grayslake

(847) 223-4760

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard positive things about both Highland Park and Lake Forest. We're in Evanston, so both of our kids were born there, and I have lots of friends from the North Shore suburbs who come down to Evanston as well because they have the level 3 NICU designation.

Add: I use Midwest Center for Women's Healthcare and they're great. They get all types of patients there, and even though I opted for the epi (my DH can't stand the sight of pain), my OB was so supportive and during labor said she had every confidence I could do it naturally if I wanted. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecalex33:

I love my OB, Dr. Adam Cohan, and he is in both Lake Forest and Grayslake (delivers at Lake Forest Hospital).  I was recommended to the practice by several friends who go there.  I met with all of the doctors in the practice and like Dr. Cohan the best (although they are all great).  There are 4 doctors total - 2 females and 2 males.  I also LOVED delivering at Lake Forest Hospital.  I wouldn't be able to come up with any negatives about it even if I tried.  Here is Dr. Cohan's info:

900 N. Westmoreland Rd., Suite 207

Lake Forest

(847) 234-9110

1475 E. Belvidere Rd., Suite 302

Grayslake

(847) 223-4760

I love Dr. London and Dr. Colegrove both female doctors out of this practice. Also Lake Forest Hospital is amazing. We had a great experience with them and the hosptial. I have also gone to both the Grayslake and the Lake Forest offices the staff at both are amazing.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CTL2005CTL2005 member
    I live in Lake Forest and to go with a midwife I am actually delivering at Evanston Hospital.  My midwives are Debi Lesnick and Gaye Koconis, who have offices in Glenview and Evanston.  To me, the added driving was worth it to have the type of birth/care I want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards