LGBT Parenting
Options

Breastpump?

For those of you BF, which pump did you register for or are you using? We need to get one on our registry ASAP, and don't know a darn thing about them...thanks!

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Breastpump?

• Options

I bought the Lansinoh Double Electric. It's the exact same pump as the Ameda Purely Yours but less than half the price. Baby Bargains rated it an A or A-.  I bought mine through Walmart online for just $101...in the store it's $140ish.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    2brides2brides member

I bought a previously owned but barely used Medela pump in style and replaced the tubing/bottles/horns/membranes (the woman who bought it before me used it for 2 weeks before deciding to formula feed and sold it to me for 1/2 of retail.) Wore that thing out (pumped 4-9x/day for 11.5months) and it worked as well the last day (which I celebrated) and the day I started!

ETA:  the other option is to rent a hospital grade pump for a month or two until you are sure that pumping/BFing is going to work for your family.  I used a hospital grade pump (perks of working in a hospital!) when I pumped at work and it was great (but not something you'd want to haul to/from work.)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have 2 medela pump n style.  I full time pump and have since day one due to E being a preemie.  I also used the medela synphony at the nicu.  We got our pump through insurance so check and see if they will cover it before you buy one or atleast before you open the package.  I did not find a difference between the pump n style and the synphony in regards to output.  The one thing I would suggest if you end up pumping alot is that you get extra parts so you don't have to wash them up every time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto the above votes for Medela. I love my Swing, but would register for a double instead if I could go back in time.

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Options

I also had the pump in style. I had to replace the tubing a couple of times and change the valves every couple of months but it worked really well.

The only thing I may have changed is that I would have liked the hands free model so I could get things done while pumping. I had a pumping bra but it still didn't work that great for hands free.

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm another Medela Pump In Style girl. No complaints here!
    Kendyl and Mary - June 10, 2006

• Options

I'm also using the Medela as well, but not sure which "model".  I use only as I need to use it when my little one doesn't eat or I feel like there is still milk in the girls.  I'm glad my sister-in-law gave me her pump so I didn't have to go out and get one.  If you're using WIC, you might be able to request a pump through them or through your doctor (insurance might cover it).  

• Options
    I will be using the Medela has well.
  • Options
    we have two, the lansinoh double pump and a larger medela. the lansinoh stays at work, and the medela she uses at home. they both work great and no problems with either--although i will say that the medela we got free from my sil since she wasn't using it anymore, we just ordered replacement tubes, etc online and it was good to go, so it's been well used and still going strong. the lansinoh was way cheaper and great, but not sure how it will hold up for the long haul.
  • Options

ssg73...did your insurance pay for the pump because she was a preemie? i'd love to get our insurance to pay for one!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"