Multiples
Options

Sleeping question

Hi ladies. I try as hard as i can to sleep on my left side. Most of the time my hip arm and hand go numb and have to switch to my right side. I also get awful back cramps so sometimes i wake up on my back.

When do i really have to be careful with sleeping on my back and left side?
Thanks!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Sleeping question

• Options
    Your body will know what to do. I have three babies weighing over 12lbs now + 3 bags of water and 2 placentas and I still wake on my back. I try to put 1 pillow under one side if my back so I'm slightly propped and it works somewhat. I'm in the same boat with limbs falling asleep while on my side. I can't say it gets any better :( Which is why I'm awake at 4:30am...
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Options

don't stress about it!....I slept on my back for a long time and eventually I couldn't do it and would go from side to side.  Didn't get much sleep at all...and I remember being up every 1-2 hours...but it was all worth it!.

I would consider getting a body pillow.  I LOVED mine! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ahh you will come to enjoy the "fortress of pillows"!  I would wake up on my back all the time at first...man I miss sleeping on my back. Soon it will get too uncomfortable for you to sleep on your back and your body will wake you up and let you know. Next thing you know, you are trained to sleep on your sides. You won't be able to turn over in your sleep soon because turning over will become an Olympic feat requiring grunting, cursing and sweating.  Be prepared though, your hips and everything will prob get really sore after sleeping on your sides towards the end of your pregnancy.  Lots of pillows stuffed around you, one between your legs, maybe one to snuggle with....you will figure out what is comfortable for your body! Good Luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    Ok thanks ladies. My dh has put it in my head that i need to sleep on my left side the whole time and i just can't. Thanks for the input!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"