Birth Stories

Eldin's planned c-section PsIP

Today as you know I went in for my scheduled c-section. I arrived at the hospital at 8:30 AM and went up to the 2nd floor L&D. They had me change and took my vitals and started me on IV fluids as well as some antibiotics (standard for all c-sections to prevent infection) then I was hooked up to fetal and contraction monitors. The anesthesiologist came in and we discussed which method of pain control I wanted, and decided the spinal block was the best option for me. So at about 10:25 they wheeled me back to the surgery room to give me my spinal block while DH suited up. The spinal block needle was not nearly as painful as I thought it would be, it burned a little going in but it worked very fast and I felt very numb and relaxed. Then they brought DH in and put up a curtain so I could not see anything but DH was free to stand up and look if he wished (and he did for most of it) I felt a lot of pressure while they did the procedure. It felt slightly painful in my ribs, almost like I was being sat on. They told DH to look at his son coming into the world at 10:41 and then I heard a beautiful cry to which I immediately started bawling (the sweetest sound ever!) Right after they pulled him out he started peeing on me and the Dr. and nurses, lol.  I have to admit when I first saw him I thought he was ugly (all gray and slimy, lol) they took him over to the warming bed and did all his stuff. He weighed in at 8lbs 4oz and was 20 and 1/2 inches long. They swaddled him and let me hold him before they took him and DH to wait for me in recovery. Almost as soon as my DH and LO left I began to feel very dizzy, nauseous, and uncomfortable. My blood pressure dropped really low and they gave me medicine in my IV to try and fix that and all my ailments. While they were stitching me up was the worst part of the whole day! I hated the dizzy uncomfortable feelings I was having and being unable to sit up was the worst. Right as they were about finished with me I vomited into the little bucket they placed by my head. At about  11:11 they wheeled me into recovery where DH and our new baby boy Eldin were waiting on me. I was still very uncomfortable and shaking slightly and I was too weak to even hold my baby. I had to stay in recovery until almost 3 because it took that long for my spinal to wear off enough for me to bend my legs.I'm so happy to finally have an outside baby. We're having some slight latch issues with BFing but slowly and surely he's getting the hang of it. He is so sweet and cuddly and calm and I just can't stop staring at him. Well that is all for now I guess. Here is my baby Eldin Brewer Rankin!imageimage 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Eldin's planned c-section PsIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"