Birth Stories

Anyone deliver at Overlake Naturally no medications or induction?

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has delivered at Overlake Hospital fairly recently that chose to have a natural birth with no medications or inductions/augmentation. I'm wondering how you were treated and how your overall experience went. I'm currently seeing an OB at Overlake OBGYN and I'm not a canidate for a midwife at this point because of preterm labor and gestational diabetes. I'm really afraid even after talking with my OB that i'm going to get pushed into things I don't want or made to feel guilty if I refuse things.

Thank you for sharing any of your experiences.

Re: Anyone deliver at Overlake Naturally no medications or induction?

• You'd probably get a response if you posted this on your local board.
  • I am not local but did go to an ob and labored without medication or induction.  Although, they will push for induction(mine did with both pregnancies).  My doctor was great about it.  Hopefully yours will be too.  If you live/work close enough to the hospital stay home as long as possible before you head to the hospital.  You would walk in further along- and it would be too late for them to push the pitocin or epidural.  Just a thought.

• Loading the player...
  • Most of my friends have delivered at Evergreen. And I'm using a midwife at the PSBC. My coworker/friend just gave birth to twins at overlake and I have another who is PG right now and will deliver there too. My friend with twins was allowed to have a vaginal birth just a couple weeks ago...no c-section which is what she wanted if possible, and many doctors do with twins so that is good.

Have you considered hiring a doula? Especially with your first, it can help to have someone who is certified (they've been present at many births so they know their stuff) and feels comfortable helping you and your husband handle those potentially pushy nurses in the delivery room. Plus they can help you labor at home as long as possible before going to the hospital...that is if you aren't induced. I can get you resources if you're interested since my friend is a doula. Just PM me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"