2nd Trimester

Eucerin or Palmer's cocoa butter or .... ?

I have noticed I have 2 stretch marks which were not there a week ago at the bottom of my abdomen .... which cream did you use during your pregnancy to prevent/help this?? is it pointless or do they actually work?

Re: Eucerin or Palmer's cocoa butter or .... ?

• They don't work. You'll get stretch marks no matter what but the creams do help with the itchies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • if you can do some genetic manipulation, maybe it will help.

i hear that's all it is: genetics.  So if you are getting them, sure, rub some cream on it if it makes you feel better, but I don't know if it matters which one, since nothing can prevent them from everything I've heard and read. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSpacebunny19:

if you can do some genetic manipulation, maybe it will help.

i hear that's all it is: genetics.  So if you are getting them, sure, rub some cream on it if it makes you feel better, but I don't know if it matters which one, since nothing can prevent them from everything I've heard and read. 

sorry if this is a stupid ? but what is the world is genetic manipulation?

• Palmer's Cocoa butter from a tub was too greasy for me, especially with the heat now. Eucerin sounds better. Like others said, I use a cream just to feel like I'm doing something about it.
  • imageJayandJack:
    They don't work. You'll get stretch marks no matter what but the creams do help with the itchies.

This. I have Burt's Bees Mama Bee belly balm and the oil. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageyeshuahamasshiah:
    imageSpacebunny19:

I do believe she was joking, you can't do genetic manipulation!  LOL! You are either predisposed to get stretch marks or you're not. It based on the ration of collagen and elastin in your skin. Check with your mom and grandmother, if they had them or not it should be a huge indicator if you will or won't. Creams don't prevent or remove stretch marks, but like the pp said, can help with the itchiness associated with the stretching of your skin as it goes from a smaller surface area to a larger one!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejamienbj:
    imageyeshuahamasshiah:
    imageSpacebunny19:

I do believe she was joking, you can't do genetic manipulation!  LOL! You are either predisposed to get stretch marks or you're not. It based on the ration of collagen and elastin in your skin. Check with your mom and grandmother, if they had them or not it should be a huge indicator if you will or won't. Creams don't prevent or remove stretch marks, but like the pp said, can help with the itchiness associated with the stretching of your skin as it goes from a smaller surface area to a larger one!

yes, i was joking.  since it's genetic (ie, inherited) you can't do squat about it unless you seek out the services of a mad scientist to start unraveling your DNA to find that stretch-mark gene and trade it for the one that can wear high heels for ten hours straight without your feet hurting. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • it is mostly genetics, but if you want tips: I think the Palmer's stretch mark lotion smells DISGUSTING and the best thing for your skin is drinking lots of water and staying hydrated.  Hydrated skin should stretch better.
  • everything I have read suggests that the stretching occurs under your skin so cream on the outside won't help.  drinking plenty of water will help to keep your skin elastic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSpacebunny19:
    imagejamienbj:
    imageyeshuahamasshiah:
    imageSpacebunny19:

yes, i was joking.  since it's genetic (ie, inherited) you can't do squat about it unless you seek out the services of a mad scientist to start unraveling your DNA to find that stretch-mark gene and trade it for the one that can wear high heels for ten hours straight without your feet hurting. 

I totally have the 10-hour high heel endurance gene!! I am 4'10 ... so I have no choice! Wink

I asked my mom and she never had one, and I am one of eight ... grandma only had one kid, none either but I have no clue on my dads side of the fam!

• well, good that you've got the high-heel gene at least.  sorry someone slipped you the stretch mark gene along with it.  I think the advice about staying hydrated is good, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSpacebunny19:
    well, good that you've got the high-heel gene at least.  sorry someone slipped you the stretch mark gene along with it.  I think the advice about staying hydrated is good, too.

I drink about 2 gallons of water a day .... I would hate to have a ton of them ... abs dont look good with stretch marks as garlands! 

• LOL, no, abs should not have "garlands" at all!  But good for you for staying hydrated!  Hopefully any marks you get will fade in time!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i use eucerin like everyday of my life regardless of pregnancy because i have snake skin lol.  but now i have the palmer's cocoa butter for stretch marks.
    *love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place. (zora neale hurston)* Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I use bio oil, i used palmers for the first litle while and it takes away the itch but it gave me a rash... bio oil is suppose to help prevent and reduce them i dont know if its true it has worked thus far thoough
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"