Multiples
Options

Baby's blood type not a product of me and my husbands?!

I was reading the girls' discharge doc and 1 is A+ and the other is A-.  My husband and I are O+ and so is our firstborn DD.  Since we were inseminated I know they are my girls but what if they mixed up the sperm and they really aren't my husbands daughters?  I know that seems totally irrational.  I am having the hospital double check the labs and we are all going in for testing if they say the tests are correct...this sounds like a Lifetime movie.  No silver lining here...aside from the lawsuit money that will put the girls through college.  That means that there might be some other woman out there who has a child with my husband.  Weird, huh?

Re: Baby's blood type not a product of me and my husbands?!

• Options
    cadencaden member
    Oh my. I'm glad you're getting the tests redone. Hopefully they just effed up at the hospital. *fingers crossed for you!*
  • Options
    Wow. I really hope someone screwed up and wrote the blood types down wrong. I don't know how hard it is to screw up reading it, but when I had surgery a few years ago I thought I was A+ since that is what my baby book and pedi way back when had said. They double checked and it came back A-, checked again, A+, then A- again. Keep us updated!
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This isn't the least bit helpful, but it's honestly one of my biggest fears.  It's not irrational if it was on 60 Minutes! Big Smile

Anyway, I'd make sure to get everyone checked again.  Even if the girls are correct, you or your husband may not be O+.  Good luck.  I'm sure it'll all work out juuuust fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Holy crap.  Any chance you or your husband are wrong about your blood type?  I'm so sorry you're going through this stress, and I hope it's all a big mix up!!
  • Options
    OMG, that's beyond scary. It's something that's been in the back of my head since we did IVF.
  • Options

Wow.  As crazy as it sounds, my sister has a blood type that makes her look as though she doesn't belong to either of my parents.  Our family has some weird genetic blood thing that has to do with the blood type in my mom's ovaries versus the blood type she really has.  I know, sounds crazy, but we had it researched when she was younger.

In any case, I hope the testing is screwed up and not a screw up at your clinic.  GL and keep us posted.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

my guess is it's a mix up on the blood types or you have that wacky thing going on that the other person posted about.... RE offices are SOOO careful with semen samples - i know mine is insane with them - ask things 10000x's before they'll inseminate... i would think a mixup of the sample would be a lot more rare than a mixup of paperwork for bloodtype, etc.

good luck - let us know!

my Dh always joked that if any of our kids came out dark (since he and I are super pale) that he'd at least have them paid for until they were 18 with a fat law suit :)

• Options

Oh my goodness, I know nothing about blood types, I forgot what mine even is, please let us know how it turns out!

• Options
    Hopefully it's just a mix up in the lab I know I'm A- and it's one of the more rare bloodtypes.  I'm surprised they didn't retest thier selves.
    IVF#1 - 2 Blast Transfered = BFP!!! Identical Triplets&Fraternal = QUADS!! imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yikes. That would freak me out (although I'm sure it was just a mix up on the reports). Two type Os can ONLY make a type O baby. Did you call the hospital today? Let us know how it turns out!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers twins born at 36 wks Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    dec13thdec13th member
    i was so worried about this when we did an IUI.  I hope it is just a mixup with blood types!  Please keep us posted.
  • Options

imageLeapDayLinsey:
    I was reading the girls' discharge doc and 1 is A+ and the other is A-.  My husband and I are O+ and so is our firstborn DD.  Since we were inseminated I know they are my girls but what if they mixed up the sperm and they really aren't my husbands daughters?  I know that seems totally irrational.  I am having the hospital double check the labs and we are all going in for testing if they say the tests are correct...this sounds like a Lifetime movie.  No silver lining here...aside from the lawsuit money that will put the girls through college.  That means that there might be some other woman out there who has a child with my husband.  Weird, huh?

Lurking... I found this website. If you or your H has some sort of negative in your background, then I think it is possible for your babies to have A- and A+ blood. I'm no expert, but you could look more into it here: https://www.childrenshospital.org/az/Site639/mainpageS639P0.html

Norah is here! Born on July 16th, 2009 7lbs 0oz, 19in and PERFECT! My Blog--Baby Steps, Foot Steps, Leaps, Bounds, Milestones
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Scary.  I've also heard...when doing blood typing in my Chem class, that types are almost always but not exactly always the same as the parents.  DH and I have the same type, so I assume my DD is A+ also.

Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Options
    Oh wow, that's crazy! Let us know what you find out.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

Hopefully this was a lab error during the T+C.  (Type and cross) or the test they performed to see the blood type. 

My adopted son....poor thing....he ended up having a total transfusion.  His mom was an Rh- (negative blood type) and he was a Rh+ (positive blood type).  I think there was an error....because they should have known to give her Rhogam.  She was Rh- and the father had a + blood type. 

I hope you find out good news when they run the tests again.

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"