Baby Names

Girl names that aren't extremely feminine?

Re: Girl names that aren't extremely feminine?

• Well you are right, Harper is the best one. However, I also like Reid and Leighton. We gave our Harper a feminine middle name so the option to make it obvious that she is female exists. I like the idea that future employers and the like will not know her gender unless she purposefully states her middle name.

Oh and the seal comment from a previous poster regarding the name was lame...besides they are Harp seals not Harper seals.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My name spelled with a /y/ was once just a boys name.  My mom made it look like a girls name:  Traci

I worked with children birth to 3.  I have a little girl on my caseload whose name is Ryan.  Her twin brother's name is Rory and older brother is Reese.  Younger sister is Ridley.   

• Loading the player...
  • I have two boys, Finley and Kieran. It was VERY hard for me to find boys names that weren't very overused or taken over by girls. Before I had boys, I always loved boys names for girls and still do to an extent, but it makes it hard to name a boy. lol
  • Rileigh or Riley Jo...girly but not too girly.
  • one of my very best friends is named Kevinie.....she has never heard of anyone else with the name and it is spunky and cute - just like her! I have even considered it for my own daughter but I am pregnant with a boy! :) Also - I love Hadley, I know males and females with the name....I also know a family of girls that have these names....Tyler, Hunter, and Fletcher.....no joke...I guess dad wanted a boy! haha....but I loved the name Fletcher after knowing the gal. Also like Emerson, Ellison, Emery(love emery). I will be back with more I am sure! haha good luck!
  • I have a friend who just had twin girls and there names are Kently and Kolby.
  • I like the name Karsyn for a girl. It's a boy's name but spelled a little more feminie!

I had 2 girls in a daycare class that were sisters...one was Coty and one was Logan, totally fit them!

• My friend is naming her daughter Taylor Marie, her son is named Reagan and she has a friend who's daughter is named Evann
  • Hello,

I have a cousin named Kian I always liked that name haven't heard much for either gender but my cuz is a girl so.....

• i really like the name 'Frankie' for a girl.
  • I happen to love Charlie, but I've also always been a fan of Ryan and Dylan.
  •  

That's sweet! I know a "Charlotte" that goes by "Charley" for short.
  • We are naming our little girl Reese Ashley, but we also thought about

Jordan, Tyler, Kameron, Micah, Carsyn, Joey, Lane, Sawyer, Sloane, Erin, Kody, Charlie...

• Our daughter's name is Skyler Lynn.  We didn't like the more commom 'Skylar' spelling for a girl.

Lynn, although fairly girly, is actually my father-in-law's middle name - which he's always hated because he thought it was too girly!  We thought it was a perfect pick to go with Skyler.

• I named my daughter Ryen. :)
  • Chandler or Bailey
  • The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Brody, which I think is a really cute name for a boy or a girl. =]
    babies image image
  • I am rolling with Ryan for my baby girl  :)
  • I have two little girls 

Lilly Ceana who is almost 2 1/2

Reagan Grace is almost 8 months

I picked the names b/c I like names that aren't very popular, but after we picked them it seems like everyone chose them as well.

I like gender neutral names Peyton is nice I also like Rylie, or Ryder. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a girl cousin whose name was Henry. 
  • I had a girl cousin whose name was Henry. 

My Niece's name is Carson

• We named our little girl Ryann, pronounced just like the boys name Ryan with a little feminine twist to the spelling.  We love it.  Her middle name is Ashlee.  I love boy names for girls. 
  • I am pregnant now and love the name Karter for a little girl. 
  • I love Harper! Our little girls name is Teagan Cylee. I also loved Finley, Brennan, Hadley, Taelyn, and Brenwyn but all those were no goes with the hubby. Hope you find one you LOVE.

• tbirt24tbirt24 member
    I wanted to name DD Cooper Elizabeth. As you can tell, DH disagreed and we came to a compromise!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Rindy or Ryndi
  • My SIL is Dani (Danielle but no one every calls her that)

I also like James or Jaymes for a girl.  And I looove Jamie, although it's become a lot more common for girls now.

I know a very high-ranking CEO Kevin who is a woman!

• My DH likes unisex names and REALLY likes Charlie for a girl.  We have also been throwing around Kennedy and McKenna. Now that I saw Rowan I might throw that one in the mix too!Big Smile 

Our DD's name is Reagan. I like different names, or uncommon so to speak. My DS's name is Tanner and there aren't many that I have come across with either name.

Good Luck with the baby naming!

• I actually liked Logan, but named my daughter Addison.
  • I love love love the idea of naming a girl a less "feminine" name, as my name is Ian and I have NEVER met any other girl with my name and feel it is unique and makes me who I am, ya know?

Yes, sometimes people (idiotic, uneducated people) are like "Ian, that's not YOUR name is it?") but usually people say, "Wow! I absolutely love your name!"   :)

• Vera81Vera81 member
    I just LOVE Noah (maybe the spelling Noa) for a girl, never loved it for a boy :) But while pregnant with my little girl (Ava) I wanted either Noah or Farrah - my husband won this tme!
  • We named our daughter last year: Skylar Mackenzie

(the Mackenzie is after my sister who passed away) but we thought it made for a nice balance.

We are expecting another girl in July & we have her 1st name picked out we just haven't decided on a middle name we like with it yet we like names that make our children sound strong & confident but are not necessarily "manly" so we changed the spelling to be more feminine, her name will be:

Jaedyn ~with one of these middle names~

McKenna (which is our #1 choice)

Kelissa (a mix of mine & hubs names) 

Baylie

Hadley

it seems our sons names were so much easier to choose LOL.(Trevor Dillion & Wyatt Hopley)  I think because I was never fond of my own name being so popular & girly that I wanted our girls to stand apart.

Good luck :) -Melissa

• imageugadallasgrl:

I am having a little girl in October and I am naming her Ryker Solimarie! I love girl names that are "not" exactly girl names. Later in life there will be no pre-judging on applications for a job because the employer will not know until the interview.

I'm sure she'll get judged plenty with a name like that, regardless of job applications.  

• I am a teacher and I have girl students with really neat names that are not so feminine, such as:

Blake

Freddie (Frederika)

Morgan

Rowan

Paige

Brooke

Sam (Samantha)

Andy

Neha

Pearl-

Hope that helps! 

• If I was having a girl, her name would've been Dylan. For whatever reason I LOVE that name for a little girl. I don't know if the name will still strike me when I'm ready for another LO but I really like the name.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love the idea of gender neutral names.....I want a name thats unique and sooooo many names are over-used these days. Even if a name may be slightly common for a boy, it could become a new idea when used for a girl, which I think is great. When I was younger I loved the name Ryan/Rian for a girl and with my pregnancy now, I was gonna name my girl Aydin (Aidan is the common boys spelling) BUT we found out we were having a boy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Love it. My girls are Greer and Reese.
  • I knew a girl in high school that was Ryanne (Ryan..just w/ extra letters)
  • I love a lot of the names that were mentioned here and think that many of them are feminine.  I would not personally name a girl a "boys' name", because I have a name like that and HATED it growing-up. I actually went by my middle name from third grade on. 
  • We are considered Andi for our little girl. 

I have only heard of one girl named Andi but when I saw How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days I loved that her name was Andi! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"