Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Children's Tylenol / Motrin / Zyrtec Recall (LIP)

https://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/new_recall.inc

:(

ETA:  I saw this was posted earlier, sorry for the duplicate

Tori 10.10.09 / Callie 9.14.10 / Callie's Epilespy Journey

Re: Children's Tylenol / Motrin / Zyrtec Recall (LIP)

• Thanks.  I just logged on a bit ago and haven't seen the earlier post.  Sucks, just checked out the numbers.  The Infant Tylenol I gave LO last night was from a recalled bottle.  Luckily, it's all precautionary and hopefully won't do harm. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for posting this. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, I didn't see it either.  I just checked the tylenol we gave to DD tonight, and sure enough it's one of the recalled.  :o(   Maybe that's why it didn't seem to help her too much. 
    If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • Thanks for posting. I didn't see the earlier post.
  • imagesunflowergrl:
    Thanks, I didn't see it either.  I just checked the tylenol we gave to DD tonight, and sure enough it's one of the recalled.  :o(   Maybe that's why it didn't seem to help her too much. 

LO had a fever all day yesterday, and the first time we gave it to her it didn't work.  Finally, I had called the pedi from school, and he said that .4 wasn't enough (she's 18 lbs).  He told us to increase it to the .8.  However, this made me feel uneasy, so for her next dose I gave her approx. .6 and within a hour her fever finally broke.  Not sure if it was the increase, maybe the concentration in the bottle wasn't right, or if her fever was in the process of breaking as we did it, but an issue with the concentration could make sense in our case.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't see it earlier and just posted it too! I didn't see this post until I had already posted! Of course!

We have one of the Lot #'s on the Tylenol! We just gave it to DD last night! Grrrr!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Info from WebMD on recall: "A musty, moldy odor coming from the products has sickened at least 70 people with nausea, stomach pain, vomiting, and diarrhea. The symptoms go away by themselves and no one has been seriously injured...The odor comes from a chemical, 2,4,6-tribromoanisole or TBA. TBA is produced when fungi break down a commonly used ... See Morefungicide called 2,4,6-tribromophenol..Before being filled with product, product containers were stored on wooden pallets apparently treated with the fungicide."
  • ds had a does on thrusday after his 4 month shots from a recalled bottle too:(
  • Has anyone found out what to do with it?  The press release doesn't say anything about taking it back.  I  just bought two bottles last week  (one for home and one for daycare) and the are both unopened and both recalled.  I'd like my money back.
  • jshfjshf member
    Thanks!  I didn't see the earlier post so it's always good to post these kinds of things!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • DS has been getting Tylenol regularly since Tuesday. He and I are both so sick. Crying
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks, I didn't know this! I checked and of course ours is in the list.
  • ibisibis member
    Dumb question, is the lot number just below the bar code?
  • imageibis:
    Dumb question, is the lot number just below the bar code?

No, its right about the brand name on the label in tiny tiny numbers.

Tori 10.10.09 / Callie 9.14.10 / Callie's Epilespy Journey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"