Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Children's Tylenol / Motrin / Zyrtec Recall (LIP)

Re: Children's Tylenol / Motrin / Zyrtec Recall (LIP)

• Options
    WTF? AGAIN?
  • Options
    Wow, scary. I'm glad I'm cheap and only buy the generic.
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJimsgirl5821:
    WTF? AGAIN?

My thoughts EXACTLY!!  I just checked my motrin and I definitely have a bottle... still gotta check tylenol, which is in DS's room and he is asleep.

• Options
    sgrlsgrl member

imageLesley0228:

No crap! So glad I decided to spring for name-brand tylenol. Heh. Never again!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagesgrl:

imageLesley0228:

I have been using Top Care/Up & up but go figure, I had coupons and bought some "name" brand meds last time.  I for sure have a bottle of Motrin- but DS is sleeping so I can't check the rest of his stuff right now. 

Does anyone know what is actually wrong with the meds, because this bottle is pretty much empty...

• Options
    imageSuparstarz714:
    imagesgrl:

imageLesley0228:

I have been using Top Care/Up & up but go figure, I had coupons and bought some "name" brand meds last time.  I for sure have a bottle of Motrin- but DS is sleeping so I can't check the rest of his stuff right now. 

Does anyone know what is actually wrong with the meds, because this bottle is pretty much empty...

I got it... but it doesn't say too much about it:

McNeil Consumer Healthcare is initiating this voluntary recall because some of these products may not meet required quality standards. This recall is not being undertaken on the basis of adverse medical events. However, as a precautionary measure, parents and caregivers should not administer these products to their children. Some of the products included in the recall may contain a higher concentration of active ingredient than is specified; others may contain inactive ingredients that may not meet internal testing requirements; and others may contain tiny particles. While the potential for serious medical events is remote, the company advises consumers who have purchased these recalled products to discontinue use

• Options
    Thank you for posting this! I stocked up a couple months ago on Tylenol/motrin to finish out my healthcare plan from last year. I just checked them abs have more than 20 bottles that are bad. :(
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageCowboysWife04:
    Thank you for posting this! I stocked up a couple months ago on Tylenol/motrin to finish out my healthcare plan from last year. I just checked them abs have more than 20 bottles that are bad. :(

I had a bottle of Tylenol from the last recall... they were pretty good about "compensating".  Last time it was done by "lot" this time isn't- it is a different number, I have a feeling that if you have ANY of the brands- you are probably going to need to call. 

• Options

WTF! I have an almost empty bottle right in front of me. DD has been in teething hell so I gave her a dose earlier today.  Nice.

• Options
    I have one of the recalled bottles...and it's half done already! So scary.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting. We have one of those bottles and I hadn't seen the recall notice. What the heck, Tylenol?
  • Options
    Ugh. We usually buy generic brand, but the last bottle we bought was Tylenol brand. I'm so tired of this, how hard it is to make a bottle of infant's Tylenol?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"