Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

**samsmom**

What playmat do you have? We have the baby Einstein one and it has an octopus. It looks like you have something similar, but you have a turtle.  

Re: **samsmom**

• Options

It's Baby Einstein with sea critter stuff.  Hanging down is a blowfish, a turtle, and plastic circle cards with pictures of sea life (starfish, crab, etc).  The mat itself has pictures of whales and dolphins that lift up and say what the critter is underneath--in Spanish.  Cracks me up because it's not like LOs can read at that age!!!! 

I don't know which Baby Einstein it is.  We bought it over 2 years ago for DS1.  

• Options

I just think I have the new version. It has a hanging big whale, an octopus with a rattle and rings, other rings in different shapes, plastic circles with sea creatures (they added the bilingual here, but it has like 5 different languages), the mat also has lift up images. The top image is a cartoon and the bottom image is more life like. I'm a  bit jealous of your turtle though. I love turtles.

I hate when classic stuff is better than the newer things. :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemyonetruelove:

I just think I have the new version. It has a hanging big whale, an octopus with a rattle and rings, other rings in different shapes, plastic circles with sea creatures (they added the bilingual here, but it has like 5 different languages), the mat also has lift up images. The top image is a cartoon and the bottom image is more life like. I'm a  bit jealous of your turtle though. I love turtles.

I hate when classic stuff is better than the newer things. :(

LOL!!!  Well, if it makes you feel any better, the music box/light up thing bit the dust after my toddler peeled it off the arches and pitched it down the stairs the other day.  Poor little Elijah gets the shaft when it comes to the hand-me-down toys!

And don't you wonder what's up with all of the languages on the mat?  Seriously, it's not like they can read "le dolphin."  I think it's there more for our benefit than it is for theirs--like we're extra special parents if we expose our child to another language, even if it's through their butt laying on it!   

• Options

Ahh the joys of older siblings.Ds loves the music thing and gets extremely pissed when it stops. Ours also has a mirror that DS loves. 

Yes, I think they will grow away from it by the time they start to read. Not to mention, lets do one language at a time.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"