Baby Names

Love this name but its probably a good thing dh vetoed it...

Junuh (for a boy).  I don't know why, it just does something for me.  Do you have any "silly" names?  To be honest if it were totally up to me, I would be tempted lol
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Love this name but its probably a good thing dh vetoed it...

• How do you pronouce that?  I think unusual names are awesome if they have meaning.  What names does your DH like?

• pronounced Jun-a.  Dh doesn't like any boys names, that is our major problem, though we have a lot of time left lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Would he be ok with Jonah? 

It's a similar sound, but not quite as made up. 

photo e2fe0839-b11a-41d8-8a07-1ef481a55d67_zpsda9c0f6f.jpg photo 777c55cb-e377-4070-950b-fdeda172a809_zpscd40251a.jpg IMG_15901 photo IMG_15901.jpg
  • Yes! Why not Jonah? That is adorable!
    Married my best friend 3/14/09
    2 kiddos (DS is almost 4, DD is 19 months) and a puggle named Regan.
    3 losses (1/6/2010 at 9.5 weeks, 3/21/2012 at 12.5 weeks, 7/31/2012 at 5 weeks)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRaineFaye:
    Yes! Why not Jonah? That is adorable!

We were watching the show Weeds last night and I realized I really like the name Jonah (the dead dad's name on there). Junuh isn't too bad, but I prefer Jonah better.

• No Boys have  a lot harder time in life with unique names than girls do.  Try to remember elementary school when picking a name.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Ick.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Lol were you watching Bagger Vance this weekend? I'd never heard this as a name but it was Matt Damon's character in this movie which was on last night :)
    imageimage
  • Not to be a PIA, but the dead dad's name on Weeds is Judah -- biblical, actually very traditional though more typically in Jewish circles.  DH and I are leaning towards Judah for a boy, though I like Jonah a lot as well.  Never heard Junuh before -- NMS, sounds made up.
  • imageHudsonSunshine:
    Not to be a PIA, but the dead dad's name on Weeds is Judah -- biblical, actually very traditional though more typically in Jewish circles.  DH and I are leaning towards Judah for a boy, though I like Jonah a lot as well.  Never heard Junuh before -- NMS, sounds made up.

Judah! Yes, that was it, Good call on that one, I got it mixed up, oops! Thanks.

• imagestella_blu:
    Lol were you watching Bagger Vance this weekend? I'd never heard this as a name but it was Matt Damon's character in this movie which was on last night :)

Actually yes, that is where I heard it.  I realize it is his last name, but it just DID something for me lol 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"