3rd Trimester

OMG I think my water just broke!

I fell asleep around 10 and woke up to go to the bathroom at 1030 and as soon as I sat down a huge gush of fluid came out. I was half asleep but it was a big big gush. When I stood back up and went out to tell DH I figured it would still trickle and it didn't so now I am wondering if it really did break. We looked up online how to know and found on web md to lay down for 30 minutes and it should pool up and leak when I stand back up so that is what I am doing now. I am 37 weeks, this is my second LO (first was induced so I didnt have this). I have been having mild contractions all day but very random. I am so nervous to go all the way to the hospital (about 45 minutes away) just to have them tell me I just really had to urinate! :) What do you think??

Re: OMG I think my water just broke!

• Are you sure it wasn't just a big gush of pee??

• Good luck!  I hope it was your water!  I'm afraid I'm going to end up going in to L&D to only find out I peed myself!  
    Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my biggest fear, that I won't know if it's pee or fluid. I would say err on the side of caution and go get checked. Maybe put on a pad and walk around for a bit to see if you get some leakage. GL!
  • nope, I'm not sure if it was just pee but I am 90% sure it wasn't! I had a m/c before my first LO and felt my water break then and this was exactly the same but with the m/c tissue and blood came out right away with it...sorry if tmi. This time it was just clear. I am so afraid to go into the hospital and them say "nope, you just really had to pee!" but it didn't feel like I was peeing at all! In fact, since then I went pee again and now laying here I still feel like I have to pee.
  • Maybe wait for a few hours for contractions.

I would try to wait it out until the morning to be sure that's what it was before driving 45 minutes.

GOOD LUCK!

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • sounds like what happened to me.  I got up to pee and sploosh.  I didn't know if it was pee or not.  So I put a towel under me and laid back down for 15 or 20 minutes got up again and sploosh again.  It wasn't pee.

I wasn't having contractions yet so I waited a while to go in.  Would have waited longer but the third sploosh had meconium in it.  14 hours later I had a baby.  :)

• What did it look like in the toilet?  When my water broke, it looked "oily" in the toilet...like rainbow-y.  Does that make sense??
  • That sounds like you probably lost your mucus plug. Call your doctor and head to the hospital.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"