2nd Trimester

crazy bruising!?!?

A few days ago I noticed a strange bruise on my lower back near my hip.  I could not figure out what could have caused it, but wrote it off not thinking much of it.  I just now changed out of my clothes and I now have a LARGE bruise on my stomach about the size of my hand.  Again, I have no explanation for the cause of it.  WTF?  I have my regularly scheduled appointment Monday, but wondering if it can wait.  Anybody experience this?   I take my vitamins regularly so I would be surprised if my iron was low.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: crazy bruising!?!?

• Hmmm...I'm not sure of why it would happen, and maybe you don't want to google too much.  But if it were me I might call the on-call OB and just run it by them so you feel better.
  • Sorry to lurk from 3rd tri, but are you taking any kind of blood thinners?

Before I got pregnant, I was pretty hooked on Ibuprofen (hooked as in, I would get a headache twice a week and it was the only thing that fixed it).  I've since kicked the habit and don't get headaches very often.  Anyway, Ibuprofen is a blood thinner, and I would bruise so easily and often, it was crazy.

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePubStar09:

Sorry to lurk from 3rd tri, but are you taking any kind of blood thinners?

Before I got pregnant, I was pretty hooked on Ibuprofen (hooked as in, I would get a headache twice a week and it was the only thing that fixed it).  I've since kicked the habit and don't get headaches very often.  Anyway, Ibuprofen is a blood thinner, and I would bruise so easily and often, it was crazy.

Thanks, but I am not.  I did happen to take one ibruprofen yesterday, but it was only the third one i have taken the whole pregnancy.  I am on a blood pressure med, but I checked the side effects and its not listed. 

Do you guys think this can wait until Monday or would you call today?

• I could be wrong but I think anemia could cause easy bruising? Not sure where I heard that...My iron is low and they put me on a supplement. Didn't really have any bruising though, but it had just started to get low.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bruise really, really easily but am not anemic. If this bruising is a new thing for you, then I would definitely bring it up at your doctor's appointment. You may just have low iron. I wouldn't panic about it, but mention it on Monday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"