Attachment Parenting
Options

I DID IT: infinitely harmless birthday cupcakes!!

i've just put 36 frosted cupcakes in the frig for her party tomorrow.

the cupcakes and frosting are all soy-free, vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, corn-free, and sugar-free (well, no evaporated sugar--just agave). i never thought i'd find a recipe that would do it for us. but i did. and they're done. in the spirit of full disclosure, they aren't *great* cupcakes, but they are good enough!!

everyone can have one, even my tremendous 1-yr-old-tomorrow-little sprout!

Re: I DID IT: infinitely harmless birthday cupcakes!!

• Options
    Happy B-day to your LO! And woohoo for allergen free cupcakes! I'm still hoping Lily will outgrow her's by her 1st birthday.
  • Options

Happy bday!

And I must have the recipe...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagefredalina:
    Wow!  Awesome!  Those sound... horrible.  But you should still be proud!

Hahahahaha!!! My thoughts exactly!

But really...Good for you momma! Happy Birthday to your LO!

Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Kudos to you! I tried baking for my gluten and dairy free sister and it was damn near a disaster. 

Happy birthday to you LO!! 

• Options

yeah, i won't lie. they are definitely NOT the devil's food cupcakes with dark choc ganache that i'd want for myself, but she won't know the difference. they'll be messy and totally unfamiliar and it will be great!

we're permanently GF/soy-free, and those alone would have been easy enough to work with. we haven't introduced eggs/dairy/corn/nuts yet, so they had to be free from those things also. i'm hoping her 2nd bday cupcakes are easier. if you can use almond flour (let alone milk or butter), everything gets SO much easier.

and if any adults w/o sensitivities make a crack about these cupcakes tomorrow, i'm making them wash dishes as penance :)

thanks all for the good wishes. my kid-free friends think i'm wacko for getting this worked up about these cupcakes.

• Options
    Happy birthday!  Great job Mom!
  • Options
    happy birthday sweet girl!
  • Options
    bellaRNbellaRN member

Wow! Congrats... and a very happy 1st bday to your babe!

I'm in awe of you allergy moms... my boy seems to get a (mild) reaction to chocolate -- but gosh darn I have such a hard time staying (completely) away from it. But I am keeping him away from it, hoping that it continues to get milder and milder. 

• Options
    aww yeah! Happy birthday to your LO. DS turned one 2 days ago and our party was yesterday. So much fun. So sad though, where did our babies go? Hope you guys have a great weekend!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagefredalina:
    Wow!  Awesome!  Those sound... horrible.  But you should still be proud!

They do sound pretty awful.

Your LO will enjoy them, though.  The parents of the other LOs will most likely be very appreciative.

• Options
    EmmieBEmmieB member
    ^ what they said. and i need the recipe, please!
  • Options
    nadiarlnadiarl member
    What do you think about the news that agave nectar/syrup is worse than HFCS?
  • Options
    Wow! I'm super impressed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"