December 2010 Moms

Brown spotting

Anyone else having brown spotting? I know that it is pretty normal to have brown spotting, but am still freaked out. It is really light and I mostly notice every so often when I go to the bathroom. A couple of other times, it just seems like it is mixed in with CM. It's not heavy like before AF, but I still worry. It has been going on for a couple of days, but I shrugged it off until today.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Brown spotting

• Some people have spotting and go on to have a normal pregnancy.  I had spotting last time and lost that pregnancy.  The best thing to do is to call your doc ASAP and get his/her opinion.

BTW, I'm sorry about being so blunt about the negative, but I don't think it's fair to people to say "Oh that's normal, you're totally fine", and (possibly) give them false hope.  I've been there.

I'm hoping for the best for you!  :)  GL and keep us updated. 

• I was hoping you would of had more replies cos I have the same thing. I guess I'll be calling the doctor =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week
  • Loading the player...
  • I will put in a call to the on call doc this morning. Thanks for being blunt. :-)
  • It's true...

Some people have spotting for awhile and it ends up totally great.  I had brown spotting that led into red spotting and I had a miscarriage.  This time, I have brown and sometimes very red spotting (even heavy yesterday), but all of my tests keep coming back great.  Be prepared that it might be a mindfvck. Good luck, though!

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Thanks! I spoke with the doctor and they said all I can do is come in for bloodwork next week. It's still so early that there isn't much to do. You are right about it messing with your head. It will be ok either way and I will remain positive about it no matter how it turns out.

I will call on Monday to get an appointment for the bloodwork, but in the mean time enjoy my weekend with my husband! :-)

• unfortunately is is both normal and not normal. sometimes spotting leads to nothing and you have a totally normal pg and healthly baby and sometimes it leads to a loss. call your dr and schedule an u/s and bw that should give you some answers. in the mean time know that spotting doesnt automatically mean you are going to have a loss. try to relax and dont do anything too physically active. i know how hard it is and how scary it can be. t&p to you

• Thank you for the support Fryday! I saw your reply to Jillybean's post about previous losses and I appreciate the honest and positive thoughts. :-)
  • Ivee4Ivee4 member
    I have had brown spotting (sometimes even heavy like before AF). So far everything is ok. I agree it is really really scary but I got some great advice on this board. Do not panic and try to keep your stress levels down. Easier said than done I know.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageBlondangel:

Some people have spotting and go on to have a normal pregnancy.  I had spotting last time and lost that pregnancy.  The best thing to do is to call your doc ASAP and get his/her opinion.

BTW, I'm sorry about being so blunt about the negative, but I don't think it's fair to people to say "Oh that's normal, you're totally fine", and (possibly) give them false hope.  I've been there.

I'm hoping for the best for you!  :)  GL and keep us updated. 

Thank you for posting this response. I always try to be honest in my answers, and I feel like a downer. Having suffered a loss, though, I would rather be ready (as ready as you can be) for bad news.

In my non-medical opinion, I think that any spotting in very early pregnancy should be followed by bloodwork to make sure levels are rising properly. 

• I agree Katie and thank you for being honest. It might not be what we want to hear, but this morning it was what I needed.
  • imageJesscanTri:
    I agree Katie and thank you for being honest. It might not be what we want to hear, but this morning it was what I needed.

Jesscan, I will keep you in my prayers, and keep us posted. 

• Generally brown spotting is okay because it's old blood making its way out, but like other posters mentioned, there are no universal rules when it comes to spotting.  If you're concerned, you should definitely talk with your doctor.

If it makes you feel any better, I had dark brown spotting (although VERY light) off and on during week 4 and a couple days into week 5.  I'm in week 6 now and haven't had anything for the last week, and everything is fine with the pregnancy so far.  When I talked with my doctor he said dark brown spotting is common at that stage and rarely a cause for concern unless accompanied by other symptoms (or unless it's very heavy).  

Good luck!!   

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had RED bleeding in week 5 and brown Spotting and clotting in week 6. Since then, I had some brown cervical mucus in week 7 but nothing in week 8! All my tests are coming back normal and my ultrasounds have been great! The only positives that came from my bleeding is that I've had 3 ultrasounds already!!! Each time the baby is growing and has a strong heart beat!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"