Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Thinking about cding part time. Help get me started.

We didn't CD with my daughter because she was in daycare full time and I wasn't committed to the idea enough to push them on it.  I'm only working part time now and I *think* I'm in a great groove with both kiddos now and I want to give cding a shot.

I haven't done a ton of research yet but I'm thinking AIO or pockets would be a good way to transition from disposables to cloth.  I'm sure that everyone have their favorites that work best for them - can you rec a website that has decent prices and lots of variety so I can give a few different kinds a shot?  I'll gladly take any specific recommendations and advice you have as well!

FWIW, my 2 year old and 5 month old are both wearing size 4 7th Gen disposables.  DD is 29lbs and doesn't have much of a tush.  DS is 21lbs (I know, he's huge!) and has a giant bottom and chunky thighs.  

Thanks for any advice! 

Re: Thinking about cding part time. Help get me started.

• Options
    Hey dear! Do a  trial program to start. Jillian's Drawers has one. So do most websites. You can try out different dipes and see what works for you :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I recommend this website: https://www.nickisdiapers.com/.  It's where we got all of our cd's as well as all of the stuff that goes with it.  Even if you don't buy from there, you can learn all about all the kinds of cd's that exist.  CD research can be totally dizzying, but don't let it overwhelm you!  

We use BG's 3.0.  I have a love/hate relationship with them. 

Also, DD goes to DC part time and they have no probs w/ the cds. 

GL and HTH!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We started CDing part time before I knew our daycare would accept CDs. We started with Happy Heinys and BumGenius pockets and then bought a bigger variety once I was sure I wanted to CD. I would recommend a trial like the one from JilliansDrawers. com.

ETA: Fixed typo.

2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • Options
    The trial on Jillian's Drawers seems perfect - awesome.  I've been poking around on Nicki's Diapers too.  There's tons of info there!
  • Options
    There's a whole lot of info on the EFF BLOG too. :) And you can check out Abbyslane.com for free shipping on things after you do the trial (if you choose to). And also, PinstripesandPolkadots.com has a butt load of info on it about everything and anything you can think of.
  • Options

imageRubyRed1085:
     has a butt load of info on it

Butt load.  No pun intended?  ;p

• Options
    Haha, thanks for the laugh. Smile I didn't even realize I put that in there. Hah. I was just trying not to swear. lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"