Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

allergy meds and TTC

I just started taking my Zyrtec again this year because my allergies have been horrible.  I'm rereading bits and pieces of TCOYF and it says that antihistamines have a drying effect on CM.  This makes me a little nervous because I don't know that I can go without my allergy medicine.  Anyone else have this problem or concern?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: allergy meds and TTC

• Options
    Just get some preseed if it makes you really dry.  You can also increase your water intake and drink green tea to try and get more cm. 
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options
    MrsIMrsI member
    I was going to ask this question but more on the side of for the baby's safety if I do get pregnant.  I didn't know if allergy meds were safe to take.  I have actually only taken the medicine one night when I couldn't sleep and have been able to keep off so far but not sure how much longer... I figured if I can't get the answers here I will be calling my Dr.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I asked the pharmacist this exact question today. He said most allergy meds are a Class B, meaning there hasn't been much testing done on them, and he didn't recommend taking them in the 1st Tri. 

I asked about taking them when TTC and he said other than drying you out it should be OK. But he would rec, again, to quit taking them once you get pregnant.

He recommended Zyrtec for me, rather than Claritin. Claritin does jackshit for me.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MrsIMrsI member
    imageskidunks:

I asked the pharmacist this exact question today. He said most allergy meds are a Class B, meaning there hasn't been much testing done on them, and he didn't recommend taking them in the 1st Tri. 

I asked about taking them when TTC and he said other than drying you out it should be OK. But he would rec, again, to quit taking them once you get pregnant.

He recommended Zyrtec for me, rather than Claritin. Claritin does jackshit for me.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"