Babies: 3 - 6 Months

DS stopped taking bottle. Any suggestions?

My LO is 3.5 months old.  His Dad has been giving him a bottle since he was 2 weeks old every night with no problems.  A few days ago he all of a sudden started freaking out after drinking about an ounce of his bottle.  He has done this 4 nights in a row and it's getting very tiresome.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

Re: DS stopped taking bottle. Any suggestions?

• Can I ask how old he is?  Is he going through a new change like sitting up on his own or something?  That can always through things out of sync.
  • I am so sorry, I re read your post and see you posted his age.  I have not had that problem, I had the opposite where he wouldn't take me and I used a nipple shield.  Have you tried giving him the bottle at night?
  • Loading the player...
  • not hungry?   wants the boob for comfort--i assume you breastfeed-but maybe not.   try the bottle yourself.   growth spurt?   interested in other things versus eating at that moment?
  • Around this age both my kids have developed a preference for the breast and refused the bottle.  They eventually start taking it again because of daycare and the finally being hungry enough but it is tough on us too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"