Infertility
Options

is there ever a perfect time to have treatments?

I guess what i'm asking is... does stress affect the fertility process? Everyone has stressors in their lives so why do some people get pregnant and others don't?

My DH and I are ready to start a FET...but i'm nervous. December we had 2 perfect embryos transferred ( the embryolist said to us that we had perfect embryos ...you should have twins) and we did not get pregnant.

I have passed up the last two months of having treatment but I think i'm ready. So this is where the stress question comes into play...family , financial, work and stress...when is the right time?

Any thoughts or am I just rambling??

A

MFI DH-diagnosed with cancer- had an unrelated bone marrow transplant 1st IVF-cancelled 2 embryos BFN 1st FET cycle started 2010- BFP Please Please Stick! Baby girl born 2011

Re: is there ever a perfect time to have treatments?

• Options
    People constantly make that comment about how if you wait for the "right time" you'll never do it.  DH thought he knew what our "right time" was, and now he's kicking himself for not pursuing treatment sooner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree that there is never a perfect time. You just have to go for it and let nothing get in the way.
    PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm just beginning this-but unless there is a big change from one to another time, I think you just make the best decision and go full force.

Good luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hey -- I agree with the others that there is never a right time but we just take it in strides.  I try to dial down my work (major contributor of my daily stress) and have done so by telling my manager about what we're going through.  Fortunately, he's quite understanding and has given me some slack around the critical days and unpaid leave if necessary (not taken up yet since we are OOP and need the income).  Having DH be calmer than usual helps as well.

Btw, we also had 2 perfect embryos transferred but it didn't stick last time around.  For us, we're actually looking forward to having a chance at FET through a non-medicated cycle since I'm convinced that the medicated lining wasn't ideal for our embryos.  Different people react differently to the medication during the stim cycle and knowing that we have the chance to provide an ideal bed for our embryos takes away a lot of the stress from us.  Hope that helps. 

• Options

Thank you all for your support! It is hard to go through this when no one around you really understands what you are going through. This board is great!

I do agree and i know i'm ready just nervous.

Thanks so much

<3 A

MFI DH-diagnosed with cancer- had an unrelated bone marrow transplant 1st IVF-cancelled 2 embryos BFN 1st FET cycle started 2010- BFP Please Please Stick! Baby girl born 2011
  • Options
    I am scared to death to do our next IVF...because of the BFN from the first one.  But I keep trying to remind myself that my desire to be a mom far outweighs the fears of the process that gets me there.  Hugs to you!
  • Options

I am one who can say that DH and I have started and stopped depending on life events. There are definatly some major stressors that can change the situation and make it not "the right time", but at the same time you do have to push forward at some point and go "all in".

Our breaks from treatment have been based on finances or work mainly, and we are both firm believers that whatever is supposed to happen will happen in due time. (You may want to remind me I said this when I am having a bad day and think it will never happen.)

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageDrVWife:
    I am scared to death to do our next IVF...because of the BFN from the first one.  But I keep trying to remind myself that my desire to be a mom far outweighs the fears of the process that gets me there.  Hugs to you!

perfectly said!!

• Options

THANK YOU:)

A

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"