Parenting

So, my husband is out of town and I am exhausted...

and I really, really wanted to put the kids to bed early.  They were both tired and probably wouldn't have minded.  But, I don't want them to wake up any earlier than they already do tomorrow morning, so I fought the urge.

How do single moms do it day after day, night after night?  They have my utmost admiration.

Re: So, my husband is out of town and I am exhausted...

• I hear you. My DH was out of town for a few days this week and it was rough. When he got home tonight I told him I'd never want to be a single parent.
  • Dude, I hear you,. I WAS a single parent from when DD was born until she was 9. I have NO idea how I did it, but I know that I would never be able to do it again. The thought makes me shake with fear, LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh.  DH is going to be gone for at least 4 weeks starting at the end of May.  I am scared.  I'm not even sure how I will get a shower in the morning.
  • Single parent here. This is my free time since they went to bed, but now I have to get a shower and go to bed since I don't know how early they will wake up tomorrow. It has been 5:30 a.m. lately. On that note . . . I'd better get off this computer!
  • You ladies are AWESOME!  My husband travels a lot for work, but it does not compare to being a single mom and I know it!  Actually, it makes me realize I need to not complain...at least for the rest of the night.  :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"