Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

When LO STTN, what time is bedtime?

I usually put DD down for the night between 9:30-10:00, which involves trying to keep her up or waking her up (diaper change/nursing, etc) and then starting our routine.  But last night she fell asleep around 8:30 and I let her sleep.  She was completely out when I put her to bed at 10pm.  She slept through till 4:30am.  I woke her up because she was getting so restless (stuffy nose), and I wanted to clear her nose to help her breathe.

Anyway, I'm wondering if putting her to bed earlier may help her either STTN or sleep for longer stretches at night.  Maybe last night was a fluke, but I was wondering about other people's experiences.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: When LO STTN, what time is bedtime?

• Options
    We start bedtime routine at 8:30, change him into his night clothes, etc and then he goes into his swing.  He usually falls asleep in the swing about 9-9:30.  I'll pull him out for his last feeding or as we get ready to go to bed (sometimes doing a dream feeding depending on when his next feeding's due) and then put him in the crib.  Timing is variable here because it depends on what his feeding schedule dictates.  We're not on a consistent daily schedule here.
  • Options
    You could try it a couple nights and see what she does. We put DS down at midnight and he sleeps till 10am somtimes 11am. We do this because thats what time we go to bed and I like to sleep in. I want to be sleeping when he is sleeping LoL

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Within the last few days DS has been putting himself to sleep earlier than he used to.  He used to go down between 10 and 10.30.  The last few days he's been down between 9 and 9.30.  The amout of time he's slept through the night has stayed the same though (he usually wakes up only 1x).  I've read that sleep facilitates sleep though! 
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I think it depends on the LO. Try it and see if it works for the both of you. I know when I try to put DD down early she will only sleep in 4 hour stretches v.s her normal 7-8 hour stretch.
  • Options
    Simon goes down around 9PM and sleeps until around 8am. He wakes up once to eat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Jack sleeps from 8ish until 8ish, and wakes up around 3:30-4 to eat.  He spends the first stretch in his crib and the second stretch in his swing.  In the next week or so, I'm going to keep him in his crib for the 2nd stretch.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

If I put Jack down between 8:45 and 10pm, he will sleep straight through until 6:30 to 9 in the morning.

He just started doing this in the last week.

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • Options
    DD is 9 weeks old, and just started sleeping from about 8pm - 6:30/7am.  She doesn't really sleep during the day, though I try to get her to nap.  She's takes a few cat naps during the day, but not any solid block of time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"