Babies: 3 - 6 Months

When did LO roll over?

My LO is just turning 3 months next week... she's nowhere even close to rolling over. She hates tummy time and when I put her on her stomach she doesn't look like she even knows how to try to roll over. When does this usually happen?

Re: When did LO roll over?

• I was wondering the same thing. DD has rolled a couple of times but doesn't really seem interested.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mine did at 11 wks
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine did tummy to back at 2 mos., and back to tummy at around 3.5 mos.  According to his ped., he was early for both.  I'm sure your LO is totally on track and will do it any day now.  It happens overnight.
    My son is toddling his way to two! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS hated tummy time but would try to roll over from back to tummy.  He could never do it bc he would get caught on his arm and flop back over.  Then one night he just turned over and hasn't quit since.  He was 3 months 3 weeks then, and he started turning from tummy to back in the last two weeks or so but only occasionally.  Also, after he started turning on his tummy by himself he liked tummy time.
  • My DS#2 was the same way...wasn't interested in tummy time and would cry hard when I tried to put him on his tummy.  He would kind of roll to one side but would just stay on his back.  I was actually worried about his head control and mentioned it to my pedi at a sick visit.  A few days later (when he was around 3.5 months) he just started rolling and wouldn't stop.  He still doesn't really like being on his tummy though.
    ~Wife to Jim~ Mom to two awesome boys (9.11.06 and 12.10.09) and one beautiful baby girl (3.28.11)
  • DS just started rolling a couple weeks ago.  He still doesn't do it often, he really wants to start crawling so he sticks his butt in the air and tries to move, it's so sad/hilarious!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD was just over 2 months when she started going tummy to back. DS just started this past week, so 13 weeks. So they all have their own time frames :) DS is so much bigger then DD was and she always seemed to be my little mover, which this chill little guy seems to be reinforcing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD rolled over about three weeks ago. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He went tummy to back two days ago.  But hasn't since.
  • My ds starting rolling back to stomach first, two days ago. He hasn't stopped since! Just today he did the stomach to back roll many times. He does things a little backwards I guess, lol.
  • my DD still hasnt really rolled over from tummy to back (she hates being on her tummy too) but she does roll from back to tummy now! Go figure!
    My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
  • DD just started rocking 2 days ago (back to tummy / not interested yet to try tummy to back). She gets stuck on her side - but she is soooooo very close!
  • DS rolled from tummy to back for the first time at 11 days old. Thought it was a fluke, but he did it about 5 times over the next couple days...but then didn't do it again until 2.5 months. He still hasn't rolled from back to tummy, but he's darn close. He gets up on his side (and has actually started sleeping like that), but his chubby arms block him every time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD has not rolled yet in either direction.  I'm not worried about it.  The next thing you know, they will be crawling and crusing all over- no more staying where mommy puts you! :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"