Eco-Friendly Family
Options

T&P please (updated)

My dad's blood sugars are over 600.  It took me over an hour but I finally talked him in to going to the hospital.  He is a vet so he has to go to the VA and is NOT happy that he gets to spend his Friday night in the ER. I told him to shut up and go...because one night in the ER is better than being dead.

ETA:  He has been admitted.  

Re: T&P please (updated)

• Options

Oh no :(  Sending thoughts and prayers for your family.

Mother's Day, 2011
  • Options
    Yikes! Thats scary. You did the right thing giving him a kick in the butt to go. T&P sent! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only reason he finally went in is because I threatened to cal 911 or drive him myself...which he knows I can't do.  And I would have had to take all 3 kids.
  • Options

imageHippinski:
    The only reason he finally went in is because I threatened to cal 911 or drive him myself...which he knows I can't do.  And I would have had to take all 3 kids.

Ugh! Men can be so stubborn! I'm glad you got him to go though.  

• Options
    Wow, you got it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You have my T&P!!! keep us updated.
  • Options
    Wow that's scary! Glad you finally got through to him!
  • Options
    Oh my gosh thank goodness he is going!! T&P's sent!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    yikes!  thoughts and prayers sent!
  • Options
    He is so lucky to have somebody like you who cares enough to convince him to go to the hospital.  I hope they're able to help him get his sugars under control. 
  • Options
    Sent.
  • Options

He has been admitted.  His sugars were 669.  It's his weekend to have my little sister so we've got her now. 

Thanks for the T&Ps.  He's going to need them.

• Options
    imageHippinski:

He has been admitted.  His sugars were 669.  It's his weekend to have my little sister so we've got her now. 

I'm sorry.  I'm so glad you got him to go.  Saying a prayer now for him. 

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Options

I am so frustrated!  I don't even know what to do or think anymore.  Everyone around me is falling apart and I'm not holding myself together very well either.

Can someone please get some EF Calgon to take me away? Wink

• Options
    imageHippinski:

I'm really glad they admitted him. I remember when my grandfather let his sugars go... Horrible. So glad they admitted him. I'm sure they will get things under control.

• Options

ugh - there is nothing more frustrating than people you love who refuse to take care of themselves appropriately.

big *hugs*

my cool cat - er, bunny!

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    my bfp chart!
    our hippy baby blog

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  I'm really glad they admitted him.  Men are so stubborn!  (((hugs)))
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    T&P sent.  I'm sure they'll get is sugars under control quickly!  You're a good daughter for giving him that kick in the pants!
  • Options

imageSassy_Cassie:
    T&P sent.  I'm sure they'll get is sugars under control quickly!  You're a good daughter for giving him that kick in the pants!

Cassie - I wish I had an ounce of your strength.  The fact that you took the time to comment, think of my dad or even think about us at all shows what an amazing woman you are.  Sam is SO LUCKY to have you as a momma.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"