Eco-Friendly Family

Potty Learning... questions

Where do you put the potty???

What's your schedule for lo sitting on the potty??

Lovin' Life: M+D 7/06, T 1/08, B 5/10
Getting back to it- my diet and exercise blog
Losing it...Without Losing it

Re: Potty Learning... questions

• Well C refuses right now.  He uses his potty chair as a chair, I don't have the heart to tell him it isn't a toy lol  But we got one of these:

47 months &
    11 months
  • imageluvlieK:

Well C refuses right now.  He uses his potty chair as a chair, I don't have the heart to tell him it isn't a toy lol  But we got one of these:

How cool!  Where did you get it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We don't use potty chairs or seats... from the start :)

I took her at least as often as I needed to go, and then anytime in between if she asked.

Check out The Eco-Friendly Family, a
    Green Living Blog
    for eco-information and fun giveaways!

• I have a small potty in the downstairs and upstairs bathrooms. I also have a potty seat for the toilet b/c she was afraid (like screaming bloody murder afraid) of public toilets. So I had to get her used to sitting on the potty at home first (the regular toilet) with that seat. I also have a foldup travel potty seat that we take with us.

And for a while it was every 10-15 minutes to use the potty. She can now go up to 30 minutes or so. The whole bladder control thing takes a while I guess. We've been PLing for about 4-5 months now. DD is sloooooowwww at it :-)

• our house is tiny, just one bathroom. DS has a little potty with a removeable seat that can go on the big toilet. It's right next to the toilet. We don't do a schedule throughout the day, as he's not to that point, but friends have had success with every 30 min, as well as immediately upon waking or finishing a meal or big drink.

We're just starting the process very low key. DS sits on the potty in the AM before we change into a clean diaper. Then sometimes during changes, before and after bathing. Or if he asks. Sometimes when he needs to poop, as he's pooping, or just after, he'll run in there and put the seat on the toilet and say "potteee". He rarely makes it in time, but i always praise even if its too late.  The peeing part is harder for him. i don't think he gets it when he has to go. But he's also telling me "diaper" sometimes when he's wet, so that's a huge step in the right direction.

And his two favorite books are designated for potty sitting time. So it's fun.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"