Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Mady is nowhere near PL!

It is really annoying me.  She doesn't tell is when she's wet or poopy (denies flat-out being poopy) and is peeing soooo much.  She pees through GMs and B4s in an hour most times...

And now it also seems like our wool can't stand up to it.  I am trying a new wash routine by making my own lanolin spray on top of the Eucalan wash, but it does no good when she pees so much so fast.

Is there any hope?  I want her to start learning soon because I simply can't stand changing her every hour!  Sitting on the potty is a bit easier.  I don't even know where to start when she's not seeming interested though. 

UGH

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mady is nowhere near PL!

• Options
    Unfortunately, I don't think it is something you can force.
    47 months &
    11 months
  • Options

imageluvlieK:

Oh, I don't want to force it...I do want to encourage it.  I just don't know how to, you know?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecrackerjackprinter:

imageluvlieK:

Oh, I don't want to force it...I do want to encourage it.  I just don't know how to, you know?

Yea, I didn't mean force.  I think it is waaay harder though if they don't want to whole heartily do it.  It would probably lead to more backlash and slower learning. 

Are you on gmail chat right now? 

47 months &
    11 months
  • Options
    imageluvlieK:
    imagecrackerjackprinter:

imageluvlieK:

Yea, I didn't mean force.  I think it is waaay harder though if they don't want to whole heartily do it.  It would probably lead to more backlash and slower learning. 

Are you on gmail chat right now? 

I am now!

• Options
    I don't think you can encourage her much either. Unfortunately PLing is one thing they kinda have to do on their own. DD is so wishy washy on the whole thing and in pull ups. She refuses to wear a diaper (takes them off) so I waste my $ on pullups b/c its the only thing she'll keep on right now. I'm sorry. Maybe try limiting her drinking a bit? Or just letting her have water all day long? when I was giving DD juice she was peeing like crazy, but now that i"m limiting that to one cup a  day she doesn't pee as much.
  • Options

well, she's still kinda young, so she might not be ready. But I think that naked time or time in panties are helpful, so she will understand what's happening when she "goes". If she messes or wets, calmly express that she's supposed to pee or poopy in her potty, take her there, and encourage her to sit. Scolding backfires because it creates shame with the bodily functions. And then every 1/2 hour, set a timer, and put her on her potty for a few minutes. Give her some special potty only books or toys, so it is enjoyable time. Praise just for sitting/trying, and go hog-wild praising if she does anything on the potty. Some people do rewards, charts etc, but I think ample praise works well at this age.

i also notice that if DS has juice, even a 1/6th juice/water ratio, he sucks it down so fast, then fills diapers like a fire hose. So I limit it to earlier in the day, and in small doses.

• Options
    imagejennterrell:

well, she's still kinda young, so she might not be ready. But I think that naked time or time in panties are helpful, so she will understand what's happening when she "goes". If she messes or wets, calmly express that she's supposed to pee or poopy in her potty, take her there, and encourage her to sit. Scolding backfires because it creates shame with the bodily functions. And then every 1/2 hour, set a timer, and put her on her potty for a few minutes. Give her some special potty only books or toys, so it is enjoyable time. Praise just for sitting/trying, and go hog-wild praising if she does anything on the potty. Some people do rewards, charts etc, but I think ample praise works well at this age.

i also notice that if DS has juice, even a 1/6th juice/water ratio, he sucks it down so fast, then fills diapers like a fire hose. So I limit it to earlier in the day, and in small doses.

Thanks!

• Options
    imagejennterrell:

This is pretty much what I did with J.  Not too many messes on the floor! 

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Options

I don't know anything about potty learning yet, except that every child is completely different. I've had several moms I know tell me they waited until closer to age 3 and it only took them a week or less. Others have suggested letting it go for a couple of weeks and then trying again. I'm not sure yet how I feel about waiting until 2.5-3, but I do like the idea of not spending months and months working on it...

• Options

She is still really young. We started at 18 months by just putting her on the potty every time we changed her diaper but we never expected her to really go. We just wanted her to get used to it. It was a very slow process but we weren't really trying to train her. One day she just started telling us when she needed to go. She was day trained right around 2 years old.

I'm maybe start sitting her on the potty and see how she does or wait until she's showing you more signs of being ready.

IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"