Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

ugh- restaurants

So, this is the second time DD has been a nightmare in a restaurant (last weekend and tonight). Won't eat, cries her eyes out and we have to take her outside. Happens about 15-20 mins in. Up until now, she has been an angel- loved restaurants, ate more than at home, laughed and waved at everyone...then BAM.

Sucks because i cant leave her in her booster crying because it is so disturbing. Last weekend, nothing worked. We brought a few books, put her next to my 2 year old nephew, etc and BIG FAT FAIL.

Stage? Do we keep trying?

Re: ugh- restaurants

• Keep trying, I guess.  Have you tried making sure she has a snack or something to play with (or both) to be able to give her before her food gets there?  Also, make sure you order quickly and go early enough to where she's not overtired/cranky.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we never ever brought anything before because it wasn't an issue. She had so much fun just being there. She would eat bread or the cheerios or puffs I gave her, and the food came really fast. Tonight she ate puffs as we waited. We didnt bring a book this time around. Last weekend it didn't matter- she started freaking within 10 mins of being there. Books, food, etc. She was definitely hungry and it was early 5:30-5:45- normal for her. But she refused food both times.
  • Loading the player...
  • I pack an entire small lunch box with some snacks and fruit for dessert. I also usually bring her meal because I hate spending $ on her meal!

I have a bag in the car (small) that has more crayons, some small trucks/cars, note pad, coloring book, and some small figurines for her to play with. She only gets them at restaurants.

I give her one thing at a time until she is bored. She almost NEVER has any issues in restaurants... and the time she has I havent had the bags! 

• imagearmywife7205:

I pack an entire small lunch box with some snacks and fruit for dessert. I also usually bring her meal because I hate spending $ on her meal!

I have a bag in the car (small) that has more crayons, some small trucks/cars, note pad, coloring book, and some small figurines for her to play with. She only gets them at restaurants.

I give her one thing at a time until she is bored. She almost NEVER has any issues in restaurants... and the time she has I havent had the bags! 

Thanks. The thing is she wouldn't eat a thing and it was definitely dinner time. It was like she was on strike. Weird.

I will get some toys that she can play with only in restaurants. She doesn't like coloring so I will try books, etc that I buy and keep in the car.

I did try a book the minute she got antsy last week and it did NOTHING and she loves books.

It is weird for us because she LOVED restaurants until the last 2 times. Loved- had fun, didn't need a toy, book, anything. She just liked being out. So i never thought about it.

But having to leave the last two times stunk.

• My DD has a book that we keep in the car for if she gets fussy in her seat or out. It is one of those books with the buttons on the side to push that make sounds to go along with the story. She thinks it's great! Worked with my 13 month old nephew at a restaurant when he got fussy too!
  • Dh and I love going to restaurants. Dd no longer wants to be in her attachableseat, nor a high chair so we bought a booster seat. Well she wouldn't sit long. So we decided to just let her do what she likes in this situation and just allow her to stand. She loves it and the I touch helps because I have Dora shows
  • imageLaLaSweets:
    Dh and I love going to restaurants. Dd no longer wants to be in her attachableseat, nor a high chair so we bought a booster seat. Well she wouldn't sit long. So we decided to just let her do what she likes in this situation and just allow her to stand. She loves it and the I touch helps because I have Dora shows

DH has a few Yo Gabba Gabba episodes on his Blackberry and we have pulled it out to a few times to get through dinner.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"