1st Trimester

My Intro...and a question

Hi Ladies!

I'm new to the board and newly pregnant with baby #1!  Big Smile

Just curious...when does everyone start thinking about your birth plan?  The idea of that huge needle being put in my back has always scared the crap out of me.  I know most people who have children have said I wont care once I go into labor.

Anyone here go au-natural with past pregnancies? 

Re: My Intro...and a question

• Hey congrats!! I wanted to go all natural with DS but it didnt go as planned and ended in c-section, but if you are serious about it when interviewing an OB see how they feel about natural births, inductions and stuff like that. and when i had my epi it was relief in a shot just saying! Stick out tongue
    Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Yeah...I am not the kind of person that will say I will not get an epi 100% because I just do not know how things are going to go.  This is my first pregnancy and I can admit when I just don't have the experience to make that call yet.  Smile

I will just say at this point I hope that I can handle it. 

• Loading the player...
  • kg_08kg_08 member
    Congratulations! You've got a long way to go until the birth, but it never hurts to do your research early. My advice would be to search out all your options, risks and benefits, and figure out what is best for YOU and your baby. Not everyone has the same ideas when it comes to birth, so make sure whatever you choose is something that makes you totally comfortable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have big babies so I dont go natural because I dont want to be knocked out if I have to have a casarean so I get an epidural. I would start researching and reading books or asking around who does bradly or lamaze or hypnobithing or whatever you choose who does the classes in your area. Find out what your hospital offers or what the midwives in your area are like. Its never bad to be prepared :D
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You can start thinking about your birth plan as soon as you want, but I wouldn't actually print it out and start passing it around until at least 8 months :) A lot could chance between now and then and the more you read about different methods and birth options the more things could change. I did get the epidural with my last labor and had nothing but positive experiences but there are a few things about labor and the baby I'm DEFINITELY putting down as no-nos in my birth plan this time. I found as long as you are well informed and not asking for anything really really ridiculous or dangerous most doctors and nurses are more than willing to do whatever is in your plan.
  • Hi and congratulations!  I am not thinking about that at least until 2nd tri.  1st tri and everything that can go wrong is enough to worry about.  Good luck!
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"