Cincinnati Babies

Can I ask the pharm ladies a question?

Carter's reflux medicine was just changed from baby Zantac to Previcid.  The Previcid is the 15mg solutabs.  We have to cut them in 1/4, disolve 1/4 in a little bit of water, and give the med/water in a dropper.  Last night was the first night I did this and the tab didn't disolve very well (and I used too much water but that's beside the point).  Is there a trick to this that I'm missing?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Can I ask the pharm ladies a question?

• Does it just dissolve into little balls?  If so, that's what it is supposed to do.  The balls are time-released drug, so they shouldn't be crushed or dissolved.  The liquid will look sort of gritty, if that makes sense.  Hope that helps!
  • That does help, thank you!  That's pretty much what it looked like last night.  I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.  If you don't mind one more question...Can I just put the 1/4 tab into his bottle instead of disolving it in water?  There is a label on the side of the pill thing that says to take before meal...wasn't sure how important that part of it is Wink
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • With the way the drug works, it's best to give it about a half hour before a meal.  So yeah, it's pretty important and will be more effective that way Big Smile
  • Thanks for all your help!
  • You could also ask your pedi to write a script for Prevacid suspension, which the pharmacy makes.  I don't know what your insurance is like, but most pay for it that way too-and it's sooooo much easier for mom :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"