Baby Names
Options

girls name...first impressions?

Lila James (2 syllable last name starting with j)

Re: girls name...first impressions?

• Options
    My first impression is I don't know how you want that first name pronounced.  I'd pronounce it "lee-lah" ~ if you want it pronounced "lie-lah" I'd spell it Lilah.  I like James for a girl so that is fine by me, but I bet there will be a lot of people on this board that are not fans of that mn.
  • Options

LOVE!

We are using James as a middle name if we have another girl! Love the whole name though too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If pronoucned lie-lah, I like it.
  • Options
    thank you for your opinions.  yes, the middle name is in honor of someone.  It is pronounced Lie-Lah :-)  I honestly didn't think that there would be confusion on the pronunciation since it is a traditional spelling, thanks for pointing it out...may add the 'h' now.
  • Options

imagebrinkley:
    thank you for your opinions.  yes, the middle name is in honor of someone.  It is pronounced Lie-Lah :-)  I honestly didn't think that there would be confusion on the pronunciation since it is a traditional spelling, thanks for pointing it out...may add the 'h' now.

I don't think you have to add the "h".  Most people will not be confused with the pronunciation.

I like it.  Lila is one of the names on my very loooooong list.  I think James is a perfectly acceptable mn with such a feminine fn.  Especially since it is honoring someone.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like it as is. The "h" makes it look misspelled, to me.  I think most people know that Lila = lie-luh and Leila = lay-la.  Or just correct them once and they'll get it.
  • Options
    This is my niece's name exactly and I love it.  Obviously, it's pronounced Lie-la. 
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I think it sounds great!
  • Options
    I like Lila alot.  Not a fan of boy names on girls but since it's a middle, it's not completely awful.
  • Options

I like that name.

James is going to be our LO's middle name :) 

• Options
    Looks & sounds great!
  • Options
    Love it :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

First name-very cute

Middle Name-bad bad bad...

but at least it's the middle name 

• Options

Please go with your original names and spellings.  When most people see Lila, it will be pronounced exactly as you want it to be.  Adding an "h" to the end would not make most people pronounce it differently. 

If James is the name that you decided for her middle name then leave it that way.  I don't know why so many people care so much about what other people are naming their child.  Even in life outside of the Bump.  

• Options
    imagealdyn:
    My first impression is I don't know how you want that first name pronounced.  I'd pronounce it "lee-lah" ~ if you want it pronounced "lie-lah" I'd spell it Lilah.  I like James for a girl so that is fine by me, but I bet there will be a lot of people on this board that are not fans of that mn.
    I think most people know how to pronounce Lila.  I like it.
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"