Babies on the Brain

ETA: anyone been on narcotics, Rx'ed or otherwise? Help

I think I'm losing my mind. Something is very wrong. I went to work last night after 48 hours on the new drugs-non narcotic, and they work. I'm finally on something that dulls the pain enough for me to make it through the day. 

After about 6 hours of work suddenly I felt a drop in my stomach, felt my blood pressure plummet and like I was going to pass out. I could barely lift the gatorade my concerned roommate brought me. It also felt like I was going to vomit and I was shaking horribly. My pulse was racing, then everything calmed after a bit. I woke up DH last night because my body woke me up with the same feeling, I had him test my blood sugar and pulse too to see if I was ok.

Blood sugar was 114, my pulse was 86, I was not shaking. But I was FEELING all those things, along with the passing out/going to vomit thing and vertigo. He wondered if after only two weeks of narcotics I could be having withdrawals, but I just called medical and they laughed at me. Is that even possible? Or is something else going on and should I be seeking medical attention?

imageimageimage

Re: ETA: anyone been on narcotics, Rx'ed or otherwise? Help

• I am no help, but I just want to say that if I were in your situation I would definately not let the medical unit laugh it off. Whether or not you're experiencing withdrawals or a serious problem, racing heart and shaking is not normal and needs to be looked into. Hope it gets better for you.
  • ugh. I don't really feel like fighting them...but I know somethings not right. I'll have my roommate monitor me today but hot damn. If this is what can happen after only two weeks of heavy narcotics I have so much more respect for people who actually recover from years of drug addiction. This is awful.

I hate military medical. 

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNavyClan:

ugh. I don't really feel like fighting them...but I know somethings not right. I'll have my roommate monitor me today but hot damn. If this is what can happen after only two weeks of heavy narcotics I have so much more respect for people who actually recover from years of drug addiction. This is awful.

I hate military medical. 

I really feel like it's something you should fight them on. I've obviously never experienced it, but usually drug withdrawals are done in supervised rehab situations. You should be monitored to make sure theres nothing going haywire internally. I've never dealt with military medical, but it just doesn't seem right to blow it off. Especially if it's not true narcotics withdrawals.

• It can most definitely be withdrawals already. Every person reacts differently.  I would talk to your doctor about it. I'm in and out a lot recently, but PM me if you have questions. I'll try to help.

Hope you're feeling better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejlee1106:

It can most definitely be withdrawals already. Every person reacts differently.  I would talk to your doctor about it. I'm in and out a lot recently, but PM me if you have questions. I'll try to help.

Hope you're feeling better.

Holy crap Jlee THANKYOU. I just needed to know there was an explanation. I'm ok with knowing that this is normal, but if it isn't I'm terrified. I hate feeling so off. I will make sure I'm with someone just in case but man. For drugs that did nothing for my pain factor they sure got me messed up fast.  

imageimageimage
  • So you stopped the narcotic and started a non-narcotic? Is that right? Can I ask what non-narcotic? I've been on a lot of pain meds, both narcotic and non.

When I started on Tramadol I had 'episodes' for about a week where I would get shaky and dizzy and felt very weak and thought I was going to black out. 

It could be the new meds, the withdrawal from the old meds or a combination. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, it could definitely be withdrawals.

If you don't mind my asking, what were the narcotics and what are you taking now?  Are you taking anything else besides the painkillers that could interact?

(I'm a pharmacy technician, so I can help a little! Smile)

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"